Discovery & Design
- Defining the questions that a data system will help to answer
- Understanding the client’s data—what it looks like today, and what it could look like in the future
- Identifying key staff and roles, and specifically a system administrator, that will be responsible for the system’s use and its health once Vera is gone
- Designing each component of the application
The level of detail in this stage requires full and active participation by our client’s staff.
Development & Testing
- Focusing on the experience of each user interacting with the system
- Balancing iteration and feedback with the length and cost of the project
- Ensuring that legacy data can be made available at go-live
Knowing that we work almost exclusively with cost-conscious, socially-minded organizations, we do our best to define the project’s objectives and deliverables at the outset, and to push back on new requests during the project that will increase the project’s length and cost.
User Training & Adoption
- Providing each user with the training, tools, and knowledge that they need to make full use of their system once our project is complete
- Empowering system administrators who will magnify the impact of our work, and make it more sustainable for our clients
- Delivering targeted and high-quality technical assistance to all of our clients
We understand that user adoption is a key constraint in making any technology application work. We strive to create systems that are accessible, user-friendly, and that people are excited to use.