Focus: Process design, data systems, development-sector consulting, impact measurement, cloud and mobile technology, Force.com platform
Term: One year (with possible promotion after that)
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Vera Solutions is a social enterprise and certified B Corporation building cloud and mobile applications for social impact organizations worldwide. Our clients — more than 200 organizations in over 40 countries — include major iNGOs and grant-making organizations, social enterprises, and community-based organizations. Our solutions help organizations working in health, education, and development to collect, analyze, and utilize real-time, high-quality programmatic data, automate processes, and work more efficiently and effectively. Vera’s work is centered on the Force.com platform, the world’s leading cloud application development platform.
Vera is a growing organization, with 45 full-time staff based in offices around the world, including Washington DC, Cape Town, and Mumbai. We have been honored with Echoing Green, Rainer Arnhold, Dasra Social Impact, and Bluhm/Helfand Social Innovation Fellowships and have been featured in Forbes Magazine’s 30 Under 30 Social Entrepreneurs and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 30 Startups to Watch.
As an Associate Consultant (AC), you’ll be a key member of our project teams, working with our consulting unit in Brazil to develop the hard and soft skills that will enable you to assess client needs and build systems that address those needs. Associate Consultants are involved throughout the entirety of a project’s life cycle — gathering requirements, building online, offline, and mobile data tools, and providing training. The AC will attend a weeklong training program in mid-June that will mix intensive sessions on the project lifecycle and Force.com platform, with team-building and professional skills development activities. Additionally, the AC will research new technologies, support directors in the sales process, and build relationships with our clients. ACs may travel to the field on a short- or medium-term assignments to gather requirements or conduct trainings on newly implemented systems.
As an AC, you’ll gain valuable experience with Salesforce (the world’s leading cloud-computing platform, currently used by more than 150,000 for-profit and 30,000 non-profit and higher education organizations worldwide). You will gain first-hand experience implementing program monitoring, management, and evaluation systems in health, education, human rights, and other development sectors, while working in a global marketplace.
ACs join as part of a fellowship cohort, which allows them a support network to ensure accelerated growth in this role. You will benefit from ongoing learning opportunities, leadership development, and teambuilding activities with your cohort, and structured mentorship from leaders within Vera.
You will join a team of passionate individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences, all dedicated to improving the way social impact organizations operate. We’re a self-motivated, creative group, and we emphasize collaboration, flexibility, and professionalism. Vera is a young, rapidly growing company; we encourage all team members to push their own boundaries and drive the company in new directions.
- Design, build, implement, and support cloud and mobile data systems for a range of social service organizations in Brazil and Latin America
- Research new technologies, methodologies, and tools relevant to nonprofits and NGOs
- Assist in internal and external communications efforts including sharing the latest field research, writing blog posts, and contributing to knowledge management initiatives
- Interact directly with clients; develop client relationships and source new projects
- Be an entrepreneur and help grow the new Vera Solutions hub in São Paulo
- Bachelor’s degree — what you studied isn’t critical; what you’re passionate about is
- 2-4 years professional experience, especially in consulting, international development, or technology
- Experience with project management
- Exposure to (cloud) relational databases
- Curiosity and problem solving skills — do problems slow you down or drive you to seek solutions?
- Strong aptitude for using technology and data
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relational skills
- Demonstrated interest in social service work
- Availability (and enthusiasm) for international travel
- Working fluency in Portuguese
- Working fluency in English
- Experience working with Salesforce and the Force.com platform
- 4+ years of work experience, particularly in technology or consulting
- Working fluency in Spanish
- Advanced degree
- Experience and/or knowledge about NGOs and/or social enterprises in Brazil
- Business development experience (experience with lead generation and sales in the technology field)
Compensation & Benefits
Vera Solutions offers competitive compensation (including benefits), commensurate with experience and cost of living.
How to Apply
Complete an online application (attaching CV) here.
Applications are rolling, but the deadline for submission is July 15, 2018.
Please note that each applicant’s legal right to work will influence placement decisions, along with personal preference and team need.
For additional information, please contact email@example.com