Focus: Process design, data systems, development-sector consulting, impact measurement, cloud and mobile technology, Force.com platform
Term: One year (with possibility for promotion after that)
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Vera Solutions is a social enterprise and certified B Corporation building cloud and mobile applications for social impact organizations worldwide. Our clients — more than 250 organizations in over 50 countries — include major iNGOs and grant-making organizations, social enterprises, and community-based organizations. Our solutions help organizations working in health, education, and development to collect, analyze, and utilize real-time, high-quality programmatic data, automate processes, and work more efficiently and effectively. Vera’s work is centered on the Force.com platform, the world’s leading cloud application development platform.
Vera is a growing organization, with 50 full-time staff based in offices around the world, including Washington DC, Cape Town, and Mumbai. We have been honored with Echoing Green, Rainer Arnhold, Dasra Social Impact, and Bluhm/Helfand Social Innovation Fellowships and have been featured in Forbes Magazine’s 30 Under 30 Social Entrepreneurs and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 30 Startups to Watch.
As an Associate Consultant (AC), you’ll be a key member of our project teams, working with our consulting unit in Cape Town to develop the hard and soft skills that will enable you to assess client needs and build systems that address those needs. Associate Consultants are involved throughout the entirety of a project’s life cycle — gathering requirements, building online, offline, and mobile data tools, and providing training. At the start of their employment, the AC will participate in intensive training sessions on the project lifecycle and Force.com platform, and will benefit from professional skills development activities. Additionally, the AC will research new technologies, support directors in the sales process, and build relationships with our clients. ACs may travel to the field on a short- or medium-term assignments to gather requirements or conduct trainings on newly implemented systems.
As an AC, you’ll gain valuable experience with Salesforce (the world’s leading cloud-computing platform, currently used by more than 150,000 for-profit and 30,000 non-profit and higher education organizations worldwide). You will gain first-hand experience implementing program monitoring, management, and evaluation systems in health, education, human rights, and other development sectors, while working in a global marketplace.
You will join a team of passionate individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences, all dedicated to improving the way social impact organizations operate. We’re a self-motivated, creative group, and we emphasize collaboration, flexibility, and professionalism. Vera is a young, rapidly growing company; we encourage all team members to push their own boundaries and drive the company in new directions.
- Design, build, implement, and support cloud and mobile data systems for a range of social service organizations worldwide
- Research new technologies, methodologies, and tools relevant to nonprofits and NGOs (public health, education, poverty alleviation, and other international development focus-areas)
- Assist in internal and external communications efforts including sharing the latest field research, writing blog posts, and contributing to knowledge management initiatives
- Interact directly with clients; develop client relationships and source new projects
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree — what you studied isn’t critical; what you’re passionate about is
- Experience with Salesforce or other (cloud) relational database systems, preferably configuration experience
- 2-4 years professional experience, especially in consulting, local or international development, or technology
- Experience with project management
- Curiosity and problem solving skills — do problems slow you down or drive you to seek solutions?
- Strong aptitude for using technology and data
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relational skills
- Working fluency in English
- Experience working with Salesforce/the Force.com platform
- 4-5 years of work experience, particularly in technology or consulting
- Working fluency in French or Swahili
- Advanced degree
- Experience and/or knowledge about NGOs and/or social enterprises in Africa
- Business development experience (experience with lead generation and sales in the technology field)
Compensation & Benefits:
Vera Solutions offers competitive compensation (including benefits), commensurate with experience and cost of living.
How to Apply:
Complete an online application (attaching CV) here.
Applications are rolling, but the deadline for submission is November 25th, 2018.
Please note that each applicant’s legal right to work will influence placement decisions, along with personal preference and team need.
For additional information, please contact email@example.com