Business Development Manager
The Account Manager will join the business development team to foster good relationships with strategic clients and proactively drive sales, effectively. The Account Manager will become an expert in Vera’s products and services, understand the market, and be able to work across functions and geographies to ensure successful business growth with new and existing customers. As a team player, the Account Manager will apply solution and relationship selling skills to help grow Vera’s product and consulting business.
Successful candidates will demonstrate excellent attention to detail, communication and customer service skills, problem-solving capabilities, and eagerness to learn. They will have a demonstrated ability to handle accounts and opportunities with finesse, professionalism, and enthusiasm.
- Managing the entire sales process to ensure delivery against key performance metrics for both Vera products and services
- Working and collaborating with a virtual internal team to help close sales opportunities – including Professional Services, Executives, Partners, Solution Engineers, etc.
- Leveraging relationship building skills to build meaningful business relationships with a variety of C-level stakeholders across multiple business areas as well as other key influencers in the sales process
- Creating client demos / presentations, quotes / proposals
- Engaging prospects in product demos, in person meetings, and calls
- Educating and networking with key prospect and customer contacts
- Partnering with Vera’s partners in the wider Salesforce ecosystem and social sector to work on joint opportunities to help drive and close complex solution sales
- Utilizing solution-selling techniques to effectively guide sales process to close
- Developing healthy customer relationship by building loyalty, trust, and transparency with Vera’s clients
- Owning relationships and driving sales with Vera’s most strategic customers
- Delivering exceptional customer service at all times
- Learning (and contributing to) the product roadmap to understand and be able to explain current functionality and future offerings
- Keeping informed of product line, industry trends, changes, and competitor actions that may impact client business activities
- Qualifying and understanding your customers business critical issues and have value led sales conversations to articulate the impact that Vera can have on their organization
- Defining and executing on your account plans – identifying, managing and closing opportunities within these accounts to further expand our footprint
- Working strategically with broader sales team to deliver forecasts, identify trending opportunities/challenges, and provide recommended solutions
- Helping the team continuously improve and optimize our process, training, use of technology, and other applicable aspects of our business to deliver value for NGO and multilateral clients
- Utilizing Salesforce CRM to provide timely and accurate sales activity tracking and status updates
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years professional experience, ideally in B2B SaaS sales and/or nonprofit resource mobilization
- 2+ years of experience positioning and selling and/or implementing complex technology and/or software solutions in a SaaS company
- BA/BS or other undergraduate degree
- Natural relationship builder who can work effectively across different subject areas, time zones and cultures and thrives within a matrix organization
- Proven ability to cultivate a consistent pipeline and meet quarterly quotas by managing sales opportunities that vary from basic projects to complex RFP responses
- Knowledge and experience with enterprise accounts
- Passion for software-as-a-service / platform-as-a-service
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Excellent time-management skills with the discipline to handle multiple tasks and adapt quickly to change in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relational skills; ability to lead technical conversations
- Self-starter who is willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; disciplined and resourceful
- Spirit of collaboration, knowing that selling is a team sport and partner with virtual teams to ensure success
- Demonstrated excellence in presentations skill with ability to build relevant, strategic messaging
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, decisive, and result oriented
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic team
- Demonstrated adaptability; commitment to learning and growth
- Written and verbal fluency in English
- The right to work in the USA
- Experience with Salesforce and a variety of 3rd party applications, either as an end-user or as an admin.
- Graduate degree in business or other related technical, analytical, or financial subjects
- Relevant digital transformation experience in the nonprofit sector
- Experience working in a social impact organization
- Fluency/proficiency in additional language(s)
Compensation & Benefits
Vera Solutions offers competitive compensation (including benefits), commensurate with experience and cost of living.
38 days of paid leave each year, including local and company-wide holidays and a December break.
Vera covers 100% of medical, dental, and visual plan premiums.
All staff participate in Vera’s phantom equity plan.
We do not cap sick leave. If you’re sick, we hope you get better!
Vera offers a retirement plan and contribution matching to all of its staff.
An annual stipend to spend on travel and physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
To help employees with outstanding student loans, Vera offers a Student Loan Benefit.
In addition to robust paid parental leave, Vera assists with the costs of child care.
How to Apply
To apply, fill out the online application (attaching CV). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.