Join our innovative, global team using technology to transform the way the social sector engages with data. We run on passion, blending diverse skill sets and experiences with a collective mission to help organizations tackle challenges and achieve greater impact. We encourage all staff to push their own boundaries and drive the company in exciting new directions. As a social enterprise and certified B Corporation, we reinvest a majority of our profits in our growth and continued pursuit of our mission and vision.
As an Associate Consultant (AC), you’ll work with a diverse global team dedicated to delivering innovative solutions that transform the ability of social sector organizations to collect, manage, and use their data
You’ll be a key member of our project teams, working with our consulting unit in Brazil and North America, designing, configuring, and implementing customized systems that speak to the unique needs of Vera’s clients. ACs play key roles across all aspects of the project cycle – from determining the needs of the client and translating those needs into technical specifications, building customized data systems, integrating products, testing systems, and training users. You may also be part of customer success engagements, providing support to clients on systems that Vera has built in the past, including troubleshooting, configuring new functionality and facilitating additional training.
You will join our team of passionate individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences, all dedicated to improving the way social impact organizations operate. We’re a self-motivated, creative group and we emphasize collaboration, flexibility, and professionalism. Vera is a young, rapidly growing company; we encourage all team members to push their own boundaries and drive the company in new directions.
- Participate in client-facing workshops to collect and synthesise user requirements into technical documentation for system design (i.e. Epics, User Stories, etc.).
- Configure cloud and mobile data systems according to design specifications with a high degree of accuracy and quality (largely on Salesforce Lightning).
- Consult clients on system user acceptance testing, data migration, and support them post-rollout in alignment with Vera’s best practices.
- Prepare and facilitate client training sessions, webinars, and workshops based on project needs.
- Research new technologies, methodologies, and tools relevant to Vera’s core focus areas: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), Project & Grant Management, Sales & Supply Chain, and Fundraising & CRM.
- Assist in internal and external communications efforts including sharing the latest research, writing blog posts, and contributing to knowledge management initiatives.
- Interact directly with clients, conducting trainings and other meetings; develop client relationships and source new projects.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree — what you studied isn’t critical; what you’re passionate about is.
- 1-3 years professional experience, especially in consulting, social and environmental development, or technology.
- Experience working with (cloud) relational databases – Salesforce strongly preferred.
- Curiosity and problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot in a structured way.
- Exceptional work ethic – eager to hit the ground running and contribute to the team’s success.
- Strong aptitude for technology and data.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relational skills.
- Fluency (or advanced level) in English and Portuguese.
- Demonstrated interest and enthusiasm in working with social sector clients or experience as part of a social sector organisation.
- Collaborative spirit – excited to work on diverse teams.
- Significant experience with data analysis software (Example – Power BI, Stata etc.).
- Significant experience working with CRM and other data management tools/platforms, particularly Salesforce.
- Proficient in the use of G-Suite applications or other common cloud-based software (i.e. Dropbox, Box, etc.).
- Awareness of core social sector concepts such as Grant Management, Impact Measurement, Fundraising etc.
- Fluency in Spanish.
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time position with access to all company benefits. We take care of our employees and their families, by offering competitive benefits, such as:
54 days of paid leave each year, including local and company-wide holidays and a December break.
Vera covers 100% of medical, dental, and visual plan premiums.
All staff participate in Vera’s phantom equity plan.
We do not cap sick leave. If you’re sick, we hope you get better!
Vera offers a retirement plan and contribution matching to all of its staff.
How to Apply
To apply, fill out the online application (attaching CV). Please contact [email protected] with any additional questions.