Key Skills: Business development for tech consulting, client relationship management, portfolio management, lead and pipeline development
Reports to: CEO
Location: Cape Town, London, Washington DC (open for discussion)
Vera Solutions is a social enterprise and Certified B Corporation® building cloud and mobile applications for social impact organizations worldwide. Our clients—more than 240 organizations in over 50 countries—include major iNGOs and grant-making organizations, social enterprises, and community-based organizations. Our solutions help organizations working in health, education, and development to collect, analyze and utilize real-time, high-quality programmatic data, automate processes, and work more efficiently and effectively. Vera’s work is centered on the Force.com platform, the world’s leading cloud application development platform.
Vera is a growing organization, with more than 50 full-time staff based in Boston, Cape Town, Dar es Salaam, Geneva, Mumbai, Nairobi, New York, and Washington DC. Vera is a Salesforce.org International Impact Partner and an ANDE member. We have been honored with Global Good Fund, Echoing Green, Rainer Arnhold, Dasra Social Impact, Bluhm/Helfand Social Innovation Fellowships, the Genesis Prize, and have been featured in Forbes Magazine’s 30 Under 30 Social Entrepreneurs and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 30 Startups to Watch.
The Business Development Representative (BDR) is responsible for helping grow Vera’s business by proactively driving sales and lead generation activities. The BDR will help identify potential clients; assist with the preparation of demos, presentations, and sales meetings; maintain accurate records on the status of opportunities; manage inbound leads, and successfully hand-off qualified leads to consultants for scoping projects. Though the primary responsibilities include client relationship management, opportunity identification and development, and data management, the BDR will be flexible in conducting activities that contribute to the fulfillment of a dynamic business strategy with clients of various regions, sizes, and areas of work.
Successful candidates will demonstrate excellent attention to detail, communication and customer service skills, problem-solving capabilities, and eagerness to learn. They will have a demonstrated ability to handle accounts and opportunities with finesse, professionalism, and enthusiasm.
- Source and qualify leads by:
- Receiving inbound leads and directing to relevant channels as appropriate
- Conducting cold calls and emailing potential contacts
- Managing leads and opportunities through the sales pipeline, identifying internal resources needed to strengthen opportunities
- Supporting the Marketing and Communications team in developing email campaigns, presentations, and other sales collateral, and in distributing sales collateral to potential clients
- Supporting consulting units with projects to drive sales, such as presentation preparation or demo development
- Proactively sourcing new leads by conducting research and prospecting
- Conduct market research
- Cultivate lasting client relationships by:
- Owning account relationships of new and existing clients, from a sales perspective
- Developing and maintain connections with new and existing partners
- Delivering exceptional customer service at all times
- Support business intelligence by:
- Keeping up-to-date records on leads and account contacts in internal Salesforce system
- Preparing regular reports on sales leads, opportunities, etc.; analyze sales and growth trends
- Participating in global initiatives such as process improvement
Qualifications and Experience:
- 2-5 years professional experience, ideally in a business development, fundraising, or sales account representative role
- BA/BS or other undergraduate degree
- Experience with Salesforce
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relational skills
- Top-notch customer service skills
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Experience deriving business insights from market research, internal data, and other sources
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with an ability to balance conflicting priorities effectively
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic team
- Comfort working with teams across timelines
- Demonstrated adaptability; commitment to learning and growth
- Fluency in English (written and verbal)
- Graduate degree in business or other related technical, analytical, or financial subjects
- Experience working in a social impact organization
- 2-5 years experience working with the Salesforce.com platform
- Fluency/proficiency in additional language(s)
Compensation & Benefits:
Vera Solutions offers competitive compensation (including benefits), in line with experience, cost of living, and our social mission.
How to Apply:
Complete an online application (attaching CV and cover letter) here by Oct 17th, 2018.
For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org