Join our innovative, global team using technology to transform the way the social sector engages with data. We run on passion, blending diverse skill sets and experiences with a collective mission to help social impact organizations tackle challenges and achieve greater impact globally. We’re a self-motivated, creative group that encourages all staff to push their own boundaries and drive the company in exciting new directions. As a social enterprise and certified B Corporation, we reinvest a majority of our profits in our growth and continued pursuit of our mission and vision.
The LACA Business Development Representative (BDR) is responsible for helping grow Vera’s product and consulting business by proactively driving sales and lead generation activities in the LACA region. The BDR will help identify potential clients through outbound prospecting; assist with the preparation of demos, presentations, and sales meetings; maintain accurate records on the status of opportunities; manage inbound leads, and successfully drive them through the sales funnel to closed sales. Though the primary responsibilities include client relationship management, opportunity identification and development, and data management, the BDR will be flexible in conducting activities that contribute to the fulfillment of a dynamic business strategy with clients of various regions, sizes, and areas of work.
The LACA region presents a unique opportunity for Vera Solutions growth and the BDR will be responsible for building a growth plan that can be scaled in the key Latin American markets (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, & Colombia).
Successful candidates will demonstrate excellent attention to detail, communication and customer service skills, problem-solving capabilities, and the humility to listen, grow, and learn. They will have a demonstrated ability to handle accounts and opportunities with finesse, professionalism, and enthusiasm and a passion to increase the impact of the social sector.
- Conducting market research in both the Consulting and Product spaces
- Planning events, including webinars and roundtables for our community of practice
- Receiving inbound leads, following up to direct the sale as appropriate
- Nurturing top-of-funnel leads through content and ongoing touchpoints
- Conducting research and outbound prospecting
- Supporting the Marketing team in developing email campaigns, content, presentations, and other sales collateral, and in distributing sales collateral to potential clients
Drive sales through the pipeline by:
- Engaging prospects in product demos, in person meetings (post-COVID), and calls
- Managing leads and opportunities through the sales pipeline, identifying internal resources needed to strengthen opportunities
- Supporting consulting units with projects to drive sales, such as presentation preparation or demo development
Cultivate partnerships by:
- Developing and maintaining connections with new and existing partners (channel, technology, & industry)
- Delivering exceptional customer service at all times
- Understanding the Amp Impact value proposition and ideal customer profile, and identifying new partnerships in alignment
Support business intelligence by:
- Keeping up-to-date records on leads and account contacts in internal Salesforce system
- Identifying key metrics, helping define KPIs, and report to partner teams
- Preparing regular reports on sales leads, opportunities, etc.; analyze sales and growth trends
- Aligning with and supporting the Marketing team to enhance content in alignment with our SQL criteria
- Helping the team continuously improve and optimize our process, training, use of technology, and other applicable aspects of our business.
Qualifications and Experience
- 2-4 years professional experience, ideally in a business development, fundraising, or sales account representative role
- BA/BS or other undergraduate degree
- Fluency in English, Spanish, and Portuguese (written and verbal)
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relational skills
- Top-notch customer service skills
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with an ability to balance conflicting priorities effectively
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic team
- Self-starter with highly developed interpersonal skills, decisive, and result oriented
- Comfort working with teams across time zones
- Demonstrated adaptability; commitment to learning and growth
- Graduate degree in business or other related technical, analytical, or financial subjects
- Experience working in a social impact organization
- Experience deriving business insights from market research, internal data, and other sources
- Experience working with the Salesforce.com platform
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time position with access to all company benefits. We take care of our employees and their families, by offering competitive benefits, such as:
54 days of paid leave each year, including local and company-wide holidays and a December break.
Vera covers 100% of medical, dental, and visual plan premiums.
All staff participate in Vera’s phantom equity plan.
In addition to robust paid parental leave, Vera assists with the costs of child care.
Vera offers a retirement plan and contribution matching to all of its staff.
How to Apply
To apply, fill out the online application (attaching CV). Please contact email@example.com with any additional questions.
Applications are rolling, but the deadline for submission is 21 January 2022 at 11:59pm EST.
For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org