Key Skills: Business development for tech consulting, client relationship management, portfolio management, lead and pipeline development
Reports to: CEO
Location: Cape Town, Washington DC, London, or São Paulo (open for discussion)
Vera Solutions is a social enterprise and Certified B Corporation® building cloud and mobile applications for social impact organizations worldwide. Our clients—more than 285 organizations in over 59 countries—include major iNGOs and grant-making organizations, social enterprises, and community-based organizations. Our solutions help organizations working in health, education, human rights, and other development sectors to collect, analyze and utilize real-time, high-quality programmatic data, automate processes, and work more efficiently and effectively. Vera’s work is centered on the Force.com platform, the world’s leading cloud application development platform.
Vera is a growing organization, with over 50 full-time staff based in Amsterdam, Boston, Cape Town, Geneva, London, Mumbai, New York, São Paulo, and Washington, D.C. We have been honored with the Global Good Fund, Echoing Green, Rainer Arnhold, Dasra Social Impact, Bluhm/Helfand Social Innovation Fellowships and the Genesis Prize and have been featured in Forbes Magazine’s 30 Under 30 Social Entrepreneurs and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 30 Startups to Watch.
The Business Development Representative (BDR) is responsible for helping grow Vera’s business by proactively driving sales and lead generation activities as well as driving opportunities through the pipeline. The BDR will help source and identify potential clients; assist with the preparation of demos, presentations, and sales meetings; manage the preparation of RFP responses; maintain accurate records on the status of opportunities; manage inbound leads; and successfully hand-off qualified leads to consultants for scoping projects. Though the primary responsibilities include client relationship management, opportunity identification and development, and data management, the BDR will be flexible in conducting activities that contribute to the fulfillment of a dynamic business strategy with clients of various regions, sizes, and areas of work.
Successful candidates will demonstrate excellent attention to detail, communication and customer service skills, problem-solving capabilities, and eagerness to learn. They will have a demonstrated ability to handle accounts and opportunities with finesse, professionalism, and enthusiasm.
- Source and qualify leads by:
- Receiving inbound leads and directing to relevant channels as appropriate
- Managing leads and opportunities through the sales pipeline, identifying internal resources needed to strengthen opportunities
- Manage RFP responses and coordinate and mobilize internal resources and subject matter experts
- Supporting the Marketing and Communications team in developing email campaigns, presentations, and other sales collateral, and in distributing sales collateral to potential clients
- Supporting consulting units with projects to drive sales, such as presentation preparation or demo development
- Proactively sourcing new leads by conducting research and prospecting
- Conducting cold calls and emailing potential contacts
- Conduct market research
- Cultivate lasting client relationships by:
- Owning account relationships of new and existing clients, from a sales perspective
- Developing and maintaining connections with new and existing partners
- Delivering exceptional customer service at all times
- Support business intelligence by:
- Keeping up-to-date records on leads and account contacts in internal Salesforce system
- Preparing regular reports on sales leads, opportunities, etc.; analyze sales and growth trends
- Participating in global initiatives such as process improvement
Qualifications and Experience:
- 2-5 years professional experience, ideally in a business development, fundraising, or sales account representative role
- BA/BS or other undergraduate degree
- Experience with Salesforce
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relational skills
- Top-notch customer service skills
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with an ability to balance conflicting priorities effectively
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic team
- Comfort working with teams across time zones
- Demonstrated adaptability; commitment to learning and growth
- Fluency in English (written and verbal)
- Graduate degree in business or other related technical, analytical, or financial subjects
- Experience working in a social impact organization
- Experience deriving business insights from market research, internal data, and other sources
- 2-5 years experience working with the Salesforce.com platform
- Fluency/proficiency in additional language(s)
Compensation & Benefits:
Vera Solutions offers fair compensation (including benefits), commensurate with experience and cost of living.
How to Apply:
Complete an online application (attaching CV and cover letter) here.
For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.