Business Intelligence Analyst (2023-24 Fellowship)
We are seeking a strategic, talented, and experienced Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst to oversee the design and maintenance of business intelligence applications. The analyst will be responsible for conducting advanced analytics to identify opportunities and strengths to meet Vera’s goals. They will also provide key insights and use those findings to develop strategic BI solutions and reports with data visualizations that inform and engage business partners on key drivers and performance targets.
The BI Analyst will have the opportunity to gain valuable exposure to other elements of Finance by driving and participating in various business support projects within the Finance department. This role will allow you the opportunity to stretch and grow, gaining experience to financial operations of a growing global company.
You’ll join as part of the 2023-24 Fellowship cohort, providing you with a robust onboarding and training programme and a support network to ensure accelerated growth. As a Fellow, you will spend the first few months learning Salesforce and throughout the year, benefit from ongoing learning opportunities, leadership development, and mentorship from leaders within Vera. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to research new technologies, support various internal projects and build relationships with our clients.
- Analyse data, evaluate historical trends and current conditions, and communicate findings and recommendations to senior management
- Responsible for the strategic design, implementation, and maintenance of business intelligence applications
- Conduct advanced analytics to identify opportunities and strengths to support Vera attain business goals
- Develop models that provide data for process management and indicators for future improvement opportunities
- Create and present data visualizations that inform and engage business partners on key metrics and performance measures
- Initiate budget forecast, analysis, variance reports and generate ad-hoc reports
- Design and build technical processes to address business issues
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, economics, mathematics, computer science, or other related tertiary qualification
- 3+ years of experience in a business intelligence, data analysis, data science or similar analytical role
- 3+ years of experience in visualization tools including Power BI, Tableau, Tableau CRM or Qlik
- Able to query data using SQL
- Excellent statistical analysis, quantitative skills, and overall logical interpretation of data
- Technical aptitude and confidence with Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and meet deadlines
- Ability and comfort working independently and in a dynamic team-based environment
- A detail-oriented focus with capacity for flexible and innovative thinking
- Excellent written/verbal communication (English)
- Phenomenal work ethic, including time management
- Able to demonstrate a high level of trust and self-discipline
- Passion for technology, learning, and a desire to help grow an organization
- 3+ years of experience in programming (e. g. Python, SQL, Microsoft BI Suite or R)
- Experience using Salesforce
- Experience in business analysis and process documentation
- Project administration/management skills
- Demonstrates interest in social service work
Onboarding & Training:
The 2023-24 Fellowship will kick off in June with a comprehensive virtual onboarding and training program. Through a mix of dynamic sessions, technical training, and team-building activities, you will gain a holistic understanding of Vera’s work, meet with teammates around the globe, and work in groups to apply your learnings through an intensive case study exercise.
Compensation & Benefits
Vera Solutions offers competitive compensation (including benefits), commensurate with experience and cost of living.
38 days of paid leave each year, including local and company-wide holidays and a December break.
Vera covers 100% of medical, dental, and visual plan premiums.
Vera offers a retirement plan and contribution matching to all of its staff.
An annual stipend to spend on travel and physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
To help employees with outstanding student loans, Vera offers a Student Loan Benefit.
In addition to robust paid parental leave, Vera assists with the costs of child care.
We do not cap sick leave. If you’re sick, we hope you get better!
How to Apply
To apply, fill out the online application (attaching CV). Please contact [email protected] with any additional questions.
The deadline for submission is February 3rd, 2023.