- Analyze computer data, evaluate past trends and current conditions, and communicate conclusions and recommendations to senior management
- Responsible for leading the strategic design and maintenance of business intelligence applications
- Conduct advanced analytics to identify opportunities and strengths to meet Vera’s goals
- Develop metrics that provide data for process management and indicators for future improvement opportunities
- Design and implementation of BI tools and reports
- Create and present data visualizations that inform and engage business partners on key metrics and performance measures
- Initiate budget forecast, analysis, variance reports and generate ad-hoc reports
- Design and build technical processes to address business issues
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, economics, mathematics, computer science, or other related quantitative field
- 5+ years experience in a business intelligence, data analysis, data science or similar role
- 5+ years experience in either Python, Sequel, Microsoft BI Suite or R
- 3+ years of experience in visualization tools including Power Business Intelligence (BI) or Tableau
- Able to query data using SQL
- Technical aptitude and confidence with Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.
- Excellent statistical analysis and quantitative skills
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and meet deadlines
- Ability and comfort working independently and in a dynamic team-based environment
- A detail-oriented focus
- Excellent written/verbal communication (English)
- Phenomenal work ethic, including time management
- Able to demonstrate a high level of trust and self discipline
- Passion for technology, learning, and a desire to help grow an organization
- Experience using Salesforce
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated interest in social service work
Compensation and Benefits
The compensation for this position is R720,000 – R750,000 per annum.
Vera Solutions offers competitive benefits, such as:
Vera covers 100% of medical, dental, and visual plan premiums.
To help employees with outstanding student loans, Vera offers a Student Loan Benefit.
38 days of paid leave each year, including local and company-wide holidays and a December break.
In addition to robust paid parental leave, Vera assists with the costs of child care.
An annual stipend to spend on travel and physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
All staff participate in Vera’s phantom equity plan.
Vera offers a retirement plan and contribution matching to all of its staff.
We do not cap sick leave. If you’re sick, we hope you get better!