Consultant (2023-24 Fellowship)
As a Consultant, you’ll be a key member of our project teams, working with our consulting team to design, configure and support the rollout of Salesforce systems for our clients working in the social sector. Consultants are involved throughout the entirety of a project’s life cycle — discovery and design, platform configuration (including mobile data collection tool configuration), and training/rollout. Consultants may travel to the field on short- or medium-term assignments for discovery and design workshops or conduct trainings on newly-implemented systems.
You’ll join as part of Vera’s 2023-24 Fellowship cohort, providing you with a support network to ensure accelerated growth, ongoing learning opportunities, leadership development, and mentorship from leaders within Vera. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to research new technologies, support directors in the sales process, and build relationships with our clients.
- Participate in client-facing workshops to collect and synthesise user requirements into technical documentation for system design (i.e. Epics, User Stories, etc.)
- Configure cloud and mobile data systems according to design specifications with a high degree of accuracy and quality (largely on Salesforce)
- Consult clients on system user acceptance testing, data migration, and support them post-rollout in alignment with Vera’s best practices
- Prepare and facilitate client training sessions, webinars, and workshops based on project needs
- Contribute to Vera’s learning environment by coaching and fostering the growth of junior staff
- Represent Vera at regional and industry networking events (activities may include lead generation, facilitation of thought leadership workshops, presentation of systems and client case studies.)
- Develop and independently manage relationships with active and prospective clients
- Self-manage project deliverables to effectively drive delivery according to the project’s plan, timeline, & budget
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent with preference to the technical courses in technology, data, public health, etc.
- Between 4+ years of experience in a technology role, particularly in implementing cloud and/or mobile solutions
- 2+ experience with Salesforce or other cloud relational database systems; preferably configuration experience
- Salesforce Platform App Builder and/or Administrator Certifications
- Demonstrated interest and enthusiasm in working with social sector clients or experience as part of a social sector organization
- Strong aptitude for using technology to manage and visualize into Reports & Dashboards
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot in a structured way
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills used to draft technical documentation, translate challenging concepts into simple, yet accurate terms, and collaborate effectively and professionally with internal and external stakeholders
- Consensus builder who is fantastic at fostering relationships, generating buy-in from multiple stakeholders for proposed solutions, and building trust
- Ability to self-manage tasks with varying urgency and priority across a diverse project portfolio
- Excitement and enthusiasm to work in a small, dynamic, international environment, often collaborating with colleagues cross-team and cross-hub
- Ability to carry tasks forward independently or ask for help along the way
- Meticulousness, punctuality, and outstanding attention to detail
- Awareness of core social sector concepts such as Grant Management, Impact Measurement, Fundraising etc.
- Significant experience with data analysis software (Example – Power BI, Stata etc.)
- Significant experience working with CRM and other data management tools/platforms, particularly Salesforce
- Proficient in the use of G-Suite applications or other common cloud-based software
Onboarding & Training:
The 2023-24 Fellowship will kick off in June with a comprehensive virtual onboarding and training program. Through a mix of dynamic sessions, technical trainings, and team-building activities, you will gain a holistic understanding of Vera’s work, meet with teammates around the globe, and work in groups to apply your learnings through an intensive case study exercise.
Compensation & Benefits
Vera Solutions offers competitive compensation (including benefits), commensurate with experience and cost of living.
38 days of paid leave each year, including local and company-wide holidays and a December break.
Vera covers 100% of medical, dental, and visual plan premiums.
All staff participate in Vera’s phantom equity plan.
We do not cap sick leave. If you’re sick, we hope you get better!
Vera offers a retirement plan and contribution matching to all of its staff.
An annual stipend to spend on travel and physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
To help employees with outstanding student loans, Vera offers a Student Loan Benefit.
In addition to robust paid parental leave, Vera assists with the costs of child care.
How to Apply
To apply, fill out the online application (attaching CV). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.
The deadline for submission is February 3rd, 2023.