Key Skills: Accounting, Accounts P/R, Budget management
Location: Mumbai, Cape Town, or Potentially Flexible/Remote
Vera Solutions is a social enterprise and certified B Corporation building cloud and mobile applications for social impact organizations worldwide. Our clients—more than 240 organizations in over 50 countries —include major iNGOs and grant-making organizations, social enterprises, and community-based organizations. Our solutions help organizations working in health, education, and development to collect, analyze and utilize real-time, high-quality programmatic data, automate processes, and work more efficiently and effectively. Vera’s work is centered on the Force.com platform, the world’s leading cloud application development platform.
Vera is a growing organization, with approximately 50 full-time staff based in Mumbai, Boston, Cape Town, Geneva, Nairobi, and New York. We have been honored with Echoing Green, Rainer Arnhold, Dasra Social Impact, Bluhm/Helfand Social Innovation Fellowships and the Genesis Prize and have been featured in Forbes Magazine’s 30 Under 30 Social Entrepreneurs and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 30 Startups to Watch.
The Controller will be responsible for building maturity into Vera’s financial operations as it continues to expand operations into new locations and products. The Controller will be a key member of Vera’s diverse, international leadership team, providing insight into the financial operations of our hubs spanning three continents, as well as those of our individual business units.
The Controller will own and manage Vera’s bookkeeping, tax compliance, accounts payable, account receivable, budgeting, and financial reporting. The Controller will oversee the operations of our external accountants in India, Kenya, South Africa, and the US, and support in our expansion, and will build a more integrated system to consolidate our financial reporting.
- Maintain records of financial accounts
- Coordinate, manage, and execute monthly payroll
- Manage accounts payable/receivable
- Prepare monthly disbursement reports for processing
- Maintain Vera’s good standing with Federal and State tax authorities
- Manage our external accountants in India, Kenya, South Africa, and the US
- Compile consolidated financial reports for the Board of Directors
- Prepare quarterly business unit performance reports for Directors
- Maintain and update budgeting and forecast reports
- Refine and, where necessary, establish financial best practices
- Analyze and provide insight and recommendations on key strategic initiatives
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 5-7 years professional experience
- At least 1-2 years managing financial operations for an organization
- Diligent, detail- and outcome-oriented workstyle
- Excellent time management
- Strong written and verbal communication and relational skills
- CPA certification
- Graduate degree preferred: MBA, MPA or other relevant degree
- International Tax experience
Compensation & Benefits:
Vera Solutions offers competitive compensation (including benefits), commensurate with experience and cost of living.
How to Apply:
Complete an online application here.
Deadline for applications: July 31st, 2018
For additional information, please contact email@example.com