Join our innovative, global team using technology to transform the way the social sector engages with data. We run on passion, blending diverse skill sets and experiences with a collective mission to help organizations tackle challenges and achieve greater impact. We encourage all staff to push their own boundaries and drive the company in exciting new directions. As a social enterprise, we reinvest a majority of our profits in our growth and continued pursuit of our mission and vision.
As a Cyber Security Specialist, you’ll ensure that Vera’s internal systems are protected and safeguarded by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources. You will develop and enhance information security policies and procedures, implement protections within our CRM system (Salesforce.com), and identify and solve potential and actual IT-related security problems. You’ll work closely with our COO, System Admin, and operations team to improve Vera’s overall security. Where necessary, you’ll liaise with external support resources.
The Cyber Security Specialist will monitor for security breaches and threats, investigate breaches and security alerts, and give advice and guidance to colleagues on issues such as spam and unwanted or malicious emails.
You will join our team of passionate individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences, all dedicated to improving the way social impact organizations operate. We’re a self-motivated, creative group and we emphasize collaboration, flexibility, and professionalism. Vera is a young, rapidly growing company; we encourage all team members to push their own boundaries and drive the company in new directions.
- Safeguards internal and client information by identifying and solving potential and actual IT-related security problems
- Protect internal and client systems by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources
- Develop and enhance information security policies and procedures
- Implement protections within our CRM system (Salesforce.com)
- Maintain and review security configuration of our platform and SaaS software
- Determines security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits
- Research/evaluate emerging cyber security threats and ways to manage them
- Monitor for security breaches and threats
- Investigate breaches and security alerts
- Ensure proper recording of all required information in the CRM system (Salesforce.com)
- Give advice and guidance to colleagues on issues such as spam and unwanted or malicious emails
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar
- 6+ years of prior relevant experience
- Excellent IT skills, including knowledge of computer networks, operating systems, software, hardware and security
- An understanding of the cyber security risks associated with various technologies (Salesforce, Jira, Gmail, etc.) and ways to manage them
- Direct experience with anti-virus software, intrusion detection, firewalls and content filtering
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies and methods
- Professional experience in a system administration role supporting multiple platforms and applications
- Ability to communicate network security issues to colleagues and management
- Written communication skills; ability to write technical reports and IT security policy documents
- Ability to read and use the results of malicious code and anti-virus software
- Experience with the Salesforce platform
- Experience planning, researching and developing security policies, standards and procedures
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time position with access to all company benefits. We take care of our employees and their families, by offering competitive benefits, such as:
Vera covers 100% of medical, dental, and visual plan premiums.
To help employees with outstanding student loans, Vera offers a Student Loan Benefit.
38 days of paid leave each year, including local and company-wide holidays and a December break.
In addition to robust paid parental leave, Vera assists with the costs of child care.
An annual stipend to spend on travel and physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
All staff participate in Vera’s phantom equity plan.
Vera offers a retirement plan and contribution matching to all of its staff.
We do not cap sick leave. If you’re sick, we hope you get better!
How to Apply
To apply, fill out the online application (attaching CV and cover letter). Applications are rolling and will be considered as they are submitted. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.