Focus: Design and deliver web-, mobile-, and SMS-applications for social sector organizations around the world.
Supervisor: Senior Developer
Vera Solutions is a social enterprise and Certified B Corporation building cloud and mobile applications for social impact organizations worldwide. Our clients — more than 275 organizations in over 50 countries — include major iNGOs and grant-making organizations, social enterprises, and community-based organizations. Our solutions help organizations working in health, education, and development to collect, analyze, and utilize real-time, high-quality programmatic data, automate processes, and work more efficiently and effectively. Vera’s work is centered on the Force.com platform, the world’s leading cloud application development platform.
Vera is a growing organization, with 50 full-time staff based in Amsterdam, Boston, Cape Town, Geneva, London, Mumbai, São Paulo, and Washington DC. We have been honored with Echoing Green, Rainer Arnhold, Dasra Social Impact, and Bluhm/Helfand Social Innovation Fellowships and have been featured in Forbes Magazine’s 30 Under 30 Social Entrepreneurs and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 30 Startups to Watch.
The Developer will be part of a growing development team in Mumbai, which supports Vera’s consulting and product development teams. The Developer should bring a desire to learn new technologies and processes, and an eagerness to develop new skills. Our Developers have a strong work ethic, are driven to think for themselves, work independantly, and balance multiple projects.
The Developer will be expected to participate in the design of solutions as well as the implementation of the solutions for Vera’s clients in the social sector.
- Write top quality code that provides the best solution for our clients
- Write well-tested and easily maintainable code
- Follow and contribute to internal best practices
- Work closely with Vera’s consultants to design, develop, test, and implement best-in-class Salesforce platform-based applications for a range of social service organizations worldwide
- Interpret functional specifications and designs provided by consulting staff; ask questions in order to deeply understand the client’s needs and ensure that the consultant has adequately thought through the process and its implications for the overall system
- Provide accurate estimates for work that allow the code to be written to our high standards, but are affordable for our clients
- Learn new skills
- Relevant degree in Computer Engineering/Com. Science/BSc. I.T.
- At least 1-2 years of professional experience as a programmer
- Foundations in the following:
- Server-side/back-end: Java/Apex
- REST/SOAP based web-services, Web-hooks
- Systems development life cycle management: Agile/Scrum/Waterfall
- Code Reviews
- Strong understanding of OOP concepts
- Demonstrated success with non-programming aspects of development, such as working in a team, self-management and proactive communication
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relational skills
- Excellent organizational skills and a passion for fine details
- Diligent work ethic and proven ability to work with drive and enthusiasm
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects
- Insatiable desire to improve skills and knowledge of self and others
- Fluent English language skills
- Experience with the Salesforce Lightning platform
- Experience developing or managing mobile applications (Android/iOS)
- Interest in social service work or international development
Compensation & Benefits:
Vera Solutions offers fair compensation (including benefits), commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Fill out the online application, attaching CV, here.
Applications are due as soon as possible. For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.