Focus: Design and deliver Salesforce applications for social sector organizations around the world.
Supervisor: Senior Developer
Vera Solutions is a social enterprise and Certified B Corporation® building cloud and mobile applications for social impact organizations worldwide. Our clients—more than 275 organizations in over 55 countries—include major iNGOs and grant-making organizations, social enterprises, and community-based organizations. Our solutions help organizations working in health, education, human rights, and other development sectors to collect, analyze and utilize real-time, high-quality programmatic data, automate processes, and work more efficiently and effectively. Vera’s work is centered on the Force.com platform, the world’s leading cloud application development platform.
Vera is a growing organization, with over 60 full-time staff based in Boston, Cape Town, Dar es Salaam, Geneva, Mumbai, Nairobi, New York, São Paulo, and Washington, D.C. We have been honoured with the Global Good Fund, Echoing Green, Rainer Arnhold, Dasra Social Impact, Bluhm/Helfand Social Innovation Fellowships and the Genesis Prize and have been featured in Forbes Magazine’s 30 Under 30 Social Entrepreneurs and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 30 Startups to Watch.
The Developer will be part of a growing development team in Mumbai, and will help build solutions for Vera’s clients in the social sector. The Developer will work on Vera’s products on the Salesforce App Exchange including Amp Impact, an impact measurement and portfolio management tool for nonprofits, grant-makers and impact investors, and Many2Many, which allows users to tag records in Lightening for better UX in reporting.
The Developer should bring a desire to learn new technologies and processes, and an eagerness to develop new skills. Our Developers have a strong work ethic, are driven to think for themselves, work independently, and balance multiple projects.
- Design and build high performance, reusable and easily maintainable code – Apex, VF pages, Lightning components
- Follow and contribute to internal best practices
- Work closely with Vera’s consultants to design, develop, test, and implement best-in-class Salesforce platform-based applications for a range of social service organizations worldwide
- Interpret functional specifications and designs provided by consulting staff; ask questions in order to deeply understand the client’s needs and ensure that the consultant has adequately thought through the process and its implications for the overall systems
- Provide accurate estimates for work that allow the code to be written to our high standards, but are affordable for our clients
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant degree in Computer Engineering/Com. Science/BSc. I.T.
- At least 1-2 years of professional experience as a Salesforce programmer
- Foundations in some or all of the following:
- Server-side/back-end: Java/Apex
- REST/SOAP based web-services, Web-hooks
- Systems development life cycle management: Agile and Scrum
- Strong understanding of OOP concepts
- Demonstrated success with non-programming aspects of development, such as working in a team, self-management and proactive communication
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relational skills
- Excellent organizational skills and a passion for fine details
- Diligent work ethic and proven ability to work with drive and enthusiasm
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects
- Insatiable desire to improve skills and knowledge of self and others
- Fluent English language skills
- Experience with the Salesforce Lightning platform
- Experience with deployment tools such as ANT and Salesforce DX
- Interest in social service work or international development
Compensation and Benefits
Vera Solutions offers equitable compensation (including benefits) and strong incentives, commensurate with experience and cost of living.
Complete an online application (attaching CV and cover letter).
Applications are due as soon as possible.
For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.