Junior Developer (2023-24 Fellowship)
The Junior Developer will be part of a growing development team in Mumbai, which supports Vera’s consulting and product development teams. The Junior Developer should bring a desire to learn new technologies and processes, and an eagerness to develop new skills. Our Developers have a strong work ethic, are driven to think for themselves, work independently, and balance multiple projects.
You’ll join as part of the 2023-24 Fellowship cohort, providing you with a robust onboarding and training programme and a support network to ensure accelerated growth. As a Fellow, you will spend the first few months learning Salesforce and throughout the year, benefit from ongoing learning opportunities, leadership development, and mentorship from leaders within Vera. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to research new technologies, support various internal projects and build relationships with our clients.
- Write top quality code that provides the best solution for our clients
- Write well-tested and easily maintainable code
- Follow and contribute to internal best practices
- Work closely with Vera’s consultants to design, develop, test, and implement best-in-class Salesforce platform-based applications for a range of social service organizations worldwide
- Interpret functional specifications and designs provided by consulting staff; ask questions in order to deeply understand the client’s needs and ensure that the consultant has adequately thought through the process and its implications for the overall system
- Provide accurate estimates for work that allow the code to be written to our high standards, but are affordable for our clients
- Learn new skills
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant degree in Computer Engineering/Com. Science/BSc. I.T.
- 0-1 year of professional experience as a programmer and/or previous internship experience especially in programming or a similar role
- Foundations in the following:
- Strong understanding of OOP concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relational skills
- Excellent organizational skills and a passion for fine details
- Diligent work ethic and proven ability to work with drive and enthusiasm
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects
- Insatiable desire to improve skills and knowledge of self and others
- Fluent English language skills
- Experience with the Salesforce platform
- Interest in social service work or international development
Onboarding & Training:
The 2023-24 Fellowship will kick off in June with a comprehensive virtual onboarding and training program. Through a mix of dynamic sessions, technical training, and team-building activities, you will gain a holistic understanding of Vera’s work, meet with teammates around the globe, and work in groups to apply your learnings through an intensive case study exercise.
Compensation & Benefits
Vera Solutions offers competitive compensation (including benefits), commensurate with experience and cost of living.
38 days of paid leave each year, including local and company-wide holidays and a December break.
Vera covers 100% of medical, dental, and visual plan premiums.
All staff participate in Vera’s phantom equity plan.
We do not cap sick leave. If you’re sick, we hope you get better!
Vera offers a retirement plan and contribution matching to all of its staff.
An annual stipend to spend on travel and physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
To help employees with outstanding student loans, Vera offers a Student Loan Benefit.
In addition to robust paid parental leave, Vera assists with the costs of child care.
How to Apply
To apply, fill out the online application (attaching CV). Please contact [email protected] with any additional questions.
The deadline for submission is February 3rd, 2023.