Focus: Content development, digital marketing, event production, product marketing
Reports to: Marketing & Communications Associate
Duration: 3-6 months (negotiable)
Location: Cape Town preferred, with possibility of working remotely
Vera Solutions is a social enterprise and Certified B Corporation® building cloud and mobile applications for social impact organizations worldwide. Our clients—more than 240 organizations in over 45 countries—include major iNGOs and grant-making organizations, social enterprises, and community-based organizations. Our solutions help organizations working in health, education, and development to collect, analyze and utilize real-time, high-quality programmatic data, automate processes, and work more efficiently and effectively. Vera’s work is centered on the Force.com platform, the world’s leading cloud application development platform.
Vera is a growing organization, with more than 50 full-time staff based in Boston, Cape Town, Dar es Salaam, Geneva, Mumbai, Nairobi, New York, and Washington D.C. Vera is a Salesforce.org International Impact Partner and an ANDE member. We have been honored with the Global Good Fund, Echoing Green, Rainer Arnhold, Dasra Social Impact, Bluhm/Helfand Social Innovation Fellowships, the Genesis Prize, and have been featured in Forbes Magazine’s 30 Under 30 Social Entrepreneurs and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 30 Startups to Watch.
The Marketing & Communications Intern will support the Marketing & Communications team in the areas of business development/sales, outreach, marketing, and communications. The Intern will work closely with the Marketing & Communications Associate to achieve the team’s ongoing strategic goals, including: elevating Vera’s online and social media presence, strengthening relationships with funders, press, and partners, bolstering outreach and recruitment efforts, and developing collateral and content to support Vera’s global team.
You will gain valuable experience in creating client-facing content, managing external relationships and partnerships, and working with crucial stakeholders in the international development sphere. As an Intern and a part of the Vera team, you’ll also have the opportunity to engage in, and contribute to, internal learning sessions that are designed to develop professional and organizational skills.
You will join our team of passionate humans with diverse backgrounds and experiences, all dedicated to improving the way social impact organizations operate. We’re a self-motivated, creative group and we emphasize collaboration, flexibility, and professionalism. Vera is a young, rapidly growing company; we encourage all team members to push their own boundaries and drive the company in new directions.
- Provide general support to the Marketing and Communications team
- Strategize and implement product marketing campaigns that span social sector market segments and geographic regions
- Assist with event prospecting and research
- Develop curated content for Vera’s blog
- Monitor and maintain Vera’s online presence; produce social media content
- Assist in outreach and recruitment efforts
- Collaborate with the Vera team on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications
- Take ownership of small creative or research-based projects that lend to Vera’s internal and external marketing and communications initiatives
Qualifications and Experience:
- Completed or working toward a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field
- Excellent written/verbal communication and relational skills
- Excellent computer skills with experience in social media and the Microsoft Office product suite
- Strong research skills
- Ability to effectively communicate professionally, both written and oral
- Self-motivated, strong organizational skills, and detail-oriented
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and meet deadlines
- Dependability, flexibility, and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated interest in social service work
- Openness to learning and growing within the internship experience
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing and communications
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, or other graphic design programs/tools
- Experience with digital multimedia tools
- Fluency/proficiency in French, Hindi, or Spanish
Compensation and Benefits:
A modest stipend will be provided to help offset cost of living and commuting expenses.
How to Apply:
Complete an online application (attaching CV and two writing or design samples) here. The samples may be excerpts of larger works, but should not exceed five pages each.
Applications are rolling and will be reviewed as they are submitted.
For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.