Join our innovative, global team using technology to transform the way the social sector engages with data. We run on passion, blending diverse skill sets and experiences with a collective mission to help organizations tackle challenges and achieve greater impact. We encourage all staff to push their own boundaries and drive the company in exciting new directions. As a social enterprise, we reinvest a majority of our profits in our growth and continued pursuit of our mission and vision.
We’re looking for an experienced marketing and communications leader with a passion for bringing people together and elevating the brand of a mission-driven company. The Global Marketing Manager is responsible for managing our global marketing team and all aspects of Vera’s marketing portfolio, including content marketing, event marketing, email marketing, SEO, social media marketing, and brand positioning. You will also have the opportunity to shape our marketing strategy, and create dynamic and engaging campaigns that increase brand awareness and thought leadership activities.
This is a hands-on, global role that will allow you to gain experience in the operations of a growing social enterprise, working closely with staff across the company to enable it to scale sustainably. We’re looking for someone who demonstrates excellent attention to detail, communication, time management skills, creativity, and eagerness to learn. The ideal candidate will be a strong writer with a demonstrated ability to coordinate competing priorities with finesse, professionalism, and enthusiasm.
- Create valuable and engaging content for our website, blog, social media, and newsletters that effectively communicates Vera’s mission and vision
- Write and review thought leadership content that speaks to Vera’s expertise in digital transformation, impact measurement, portfolio management, etc.
- Develop and execute Vera’s marketing strategy – understanding the company’s value proposition and ideal customer profiles, identifying key metrics, and scheduling marketing activities
- Showcase customer success stories through content marketing, video marketing, event marketing, and webinars
- Maintain events calendar; propose and secure speaking engagements
- Build and maintain strategic partnerships and lead joint marketing activities
- Design and execute highly creative campaigns that drive brand awareness and engagement; craft and curate dynamic content for our social media channels
- Conduct market research on competitors and industry trends
- Align with and support the Business Development team to enhance sales collateral and content
- Prepare and present regular reports on leads, opportunities, etc.; analyze ROI and KPIs
- Support recruitment, hiring, and onboarding for marketing positions
Qualifications and Experience
- 4+ years of marketing and communications experience
- BA/BS or other undergraduate degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relational skills
- Background in visual arts/graphic and/or web design (WordPress, Canva, Photoshop)
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Curiosity and problem solving skills—do problems slow you down or drive you to seek solutions?
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with an ability to balance conflicting priorities effectively
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate as part of a dynamic team
- Energized by working in high-paced and diverse environments
- Flexible, resourceful and proactive; commitment to learning and growth
- Fluency in English (written and verbal)
- Experience working in tech or social impact
- Experience deriving business insights from market research, internal data, and other sources
- Experience with SEO and social media marketing tools
- Fluency/proficiency in additional language(s)
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time position with access to all company benefits. We take care of our employees and their families, by offering competitive benefits, such as:
Vera covers 100% of medical, dental, and visual plan premiums.
To help employees with outstanding student loans, Vera offers a Student Loan Benefit.
38 days of paid leave each year, including local and company-wide holidays and a December break.
In addition to robust paid parental leave, Vera assists with the costs of child care.
An annual stipend to spend on travel and physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
All staff participate in Vera’s phantom equity plan.
Vera offers a retirement plan and contribution matching to all of its staff.
We do not cap sick leave. If you’re sick, we hope you get better!
How to Apply
Applications for this role are rolling and we’re looking for someone to start as soon as possible. To apply, fill out the online application, attaching CV. Please contact email@example.com with any additional questions.