Focus: Recruitment, Human Resources, Strategy, Global Operations
Reports to: Operations Associate
Start Date: September to January 2018, with possibility of extension
Location: Cambridge, MA or remote
Vera Solutions is a social enterprise and Certified B Corporation® that builds cloud and mobile applications for social impact organizations worldwide. Our clients—more than 250 organizations in over 50 countries—include major iNGOs and grant-making organizations, social enterprises, and community-based organizations. Our solutions help organizations working in health, education, and development to collect, analyze and utilize real-time,
high-quality programmatic data, automate processes, and work more efficiently and effectively. Vera’s work is centered on the Force.com platform, the world’s leading cloud application development platform.
Vera is a growing organization, with more than 50 full-time staff based in Boston, Cape Town, Geneva, Mumbai, Nairobi, New York, São Paulo, and Washington D.C. We have been honored with Echoing Green, Rainer Arnhold, Dasra Social Impact, Bluhm/Helfand Social Innovation Fellowships, the Genesis Prize, and have been featured in Forbes Magazine’s 30 Under 30 Social Entrepreneurs and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 30 Startups to Watch.
The Operations Intern will support the Operations team in the areas of recruitment, human resources, strategy, and global operations. A significant focus of the internship is on the analysis of organizational processes and identification of opportunities for increased efficacy and efficiency. You will work with our Operations Associate on many aspects of the business, giving you access to a number of ways to support our growing global team.
As an intern, you’ll gain valuable experience with Salesforce (the world’s leading cloud-computing platform, currently used by more than 150,000 for-profit and 30,000 non-profit and higher education organizations worldwide). You will gain first-hand experience in the operations of a rapidly growing social enterprise, working closely with leaders of the company to enable it to scale sustainably. As an Intern and a part of the Vera team, you’ll also have the opportunity to engage in, and contribute to, occasional internal learning presentations that are designed to develop professional and organizational skills.
You will join a team of passionate individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences, all dedicated to improving the way social impact organizations operate. We’re a self-motivated, creative group, and we emphasize collaboration, flexibility, and professionalism. Vera is a young, rapidly growing company; we encourage all team members to push their own boundaries and drive the company in new directions.
- 2-5 years professional experience, ideally in a business development, fundraising, or sales account representative role
- BA/BS or other undergraduate degree
- Experience with Salesforce
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relational skills
- Top-notch customer service skills
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Experience deriving business insights from market research, internal data, and other sources
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with an ability to balance conflicting priorities effectively
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic team
- Comfort working with teams across timelines
- Demonstrated adaptability; commitment to learning and growth
- Fluency in English (written and verbal)
Qualifications and Experience:
- Completed or working toward a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, human services, or other related fields
- Excellent written/verbal communication (English) and relational skills
- Strong quantitative skills, especially in the fields of finance or accounting
- Excellent computer skills, especially with Excel
- Strong research skills
- Curiosity and problem-solving skills (motivation to solve problems, rather than frustration with them)
- Self-motivated, strong organizational skills, and detail-oriented
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and meet deadlines
- Dependability, flexibility, and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated interest in social service work
- Openness to learning and growing within the internship experience
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Previous internship or related experience, especially in finance or accounting
- Experience with Salesforce
Compensation & Benefits:
$400/month plus public transport commuter expenses (if located in person)
How to Apply:
Complete an online application (attaching CV and cover letter) here.
Deadline for applications:
Applications are rolling and will be considered as they are submitted. The final deadline is Nov 25th, 2018.
For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.