Join our innovative, global team using technology to transform the way the social sector engages with data. We run on passion, blending diverse skill sets and experiences with a collective mission to help organizations tackle challenges and achieve greater impact. We encourage all staff to push their own boundaries and drive the company in exciting new directions. As a social enterprise and certified B Corporation, we reinvest a majority of our profits in our growth and continued pursuit of our mission and vision.
You will gain valuable experience with Salesforce (the world’s leading cloud-computing platform, currently used by more than 150,000 for-profit and 30,000 non-profit and higher education organizations worldwide). You will join a team of passionate individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences, all dedicated to improving the way social impact organizations operate. We’re a self-motivated, creative group, and we emphasize collaboration, flexibility, and professionalism. Vera is a young, rapidly growing company; we encourage all team members to push their own boundaries and drive the company in new directions.
- Develop deep technical and market-based expertise on our core and future products
- Support the product team in Designing, building, implementing, and supporting cloud and mobile data systems for a range of social service organizations worldwide
- Support gathering of low-level requirements for roadmap items, interviewing both clients and implementers
- Conduct low-level user design, including creating mock-ups, writing specs, rapid prototyping
- Peer review designs from other PAs/UX Designers
- Collaborate with developer team to determine feasibility of requirements and scope of user stories
- Research new technologies, methodologies, competitors and similar tools relevant to non-profits and NGOs
- Collaborate with project teams to interact with stakeholders and conduct user research, document user stories and translate them into actionable product features
- Support on high-level user design, including writing user flows and user stories
- Maintain strong project management capabilities with planning, communicating, documenting and tracking activities using project management tools
- Write and update release documentation for both use and installation
- Monitor and report on product adoption and user feedback throughout product lifecycle
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree—what you studied isn’t critical; what you’re passionate about is
- 1-2 years professional experience in a product-related role, preferably in the technology space
- Professional experience in a product design or research capacity
- Curiosity and problem solving skills—do problems slow you down or drive you to seek solutions?
- Strong aptitude for using technology and data
- Ability to work remotely
- Able to demonstrate a high level of trust and self discipline
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relational skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and perform multiple tasks effectively
- Experience working with the Force.com platform
- Interest in social service work or international development
- Proficient in the use of G-Suite applications or other common cloud-based software (i.e. Dropbox, Box, etc.)
Onboarding & Training
The 2021-22 Fellowship will kick off in mid-May with a comprehensive virtual onboarding and training program. Through a mix of dynamic sessions, technical trainings, and team-building activities, you will gain a holistic understanding of Vera’s work, meet with teammates around the globe, and work in groups to apply your learnings through an intensive case study exercise.
Compensation & Benefits
Vera Solutions offers competitive compensation (including benefits), in line with experience, cost of living, and our social mission.