Join our innovative, global team using technology to transform the way the social sector engages with data. We run on passion, blending diverse skill sets and experiences with a collective mission to help organizations tackle challenges and achieve greater impact. We encourage all staff to push their own boundaries and drive the company in exciting new directions. As a social enterprise and certified B Corporation, we reinvest a majority of our profits in our growth and continued pursuit of our mission and vision.
The Product Associate will be part of a growing Product team, and play a critical role in helping the product team create new products and features from idea to launch. This position is involved throughout the product lifecycle – conducting market research, gathering requirements, researching and managing user stories, designing new features, feature testing, maintaining product quality, and providing training and technical assistance.
You will gain valuable experience with Salesforce (the world’s leading cloud-computing platform, currently used by more than 150,000 for-profit and 30,000 non-profit and higher education organizations worldwide). You will join a team of passionate individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences, all dedicated to improving the way social impact organizations operate. We’re a self-motivated, creative group, and we emphasize collaboration, flexibility, and professionalism. Vera is a young, rapidly growing company; we encourage all team members to push their own boundaries and drive the company in new directions.
- Develop deep technical and market-based expertise on our core and future products
- Support gathering of low-level requirements for roadmap items, interviewing both clients and implementers
- Conduct low-level user design, including creating mock-ups, writing specs, rapid prototyping
- Peer review designs from other PAs/UX Designers
- Collaborate with developer team to determine feasibility of requirements and scope of user stories
- Research new technologies, methodologies, competitors and similar tools relevant to non-profits and NGOs
- Collaborate with project teams to interact with stakeholders and conduct user research, document user stories and translate them into actionable product features
- Support on high-level user design, including writing user flows and user stories
- Prepare and finalize test cases for development features as part of regression testing.
- Assist quality assurance teams with testing and regression of development features as part of learning the product
- Maintain strong project management capabilities with planning, communicating, documenting and tracking activities using project management tools
- Write and update release documentation for both use and installation
- Monitor and report on product adoption and user feedback throughout product lifecycle
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree—what you studied isn’t critical; what you’re passionate about is
- 1-2 years professional experience in a product-related role, preferably in the technology space
- Professional experience in a product design or research capacity
- Curiosity and problem solving skills—do problems slow you down or drive you to seek solutions?
- Strong aptitude for using technology and data
- Ability to work remotely
- Able to demonstrate a high level of trust and self discipline
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relational skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and perform multiple tasks effectively
- Experience working with the Force.com platform
- Interest in social service work or international development
- Proficient in the use of G-Suite applications or other common cloud-based software (i.e. Dropbox, Box, etc.)
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time position with access to all company benefits. We take care of our employees and their families, by offering competitive benefits, such as:
38 days of paid leave each year, including local and company-wide holidays and a December break.
Vera covers 100% of medical, dental, and visual plan premiums.
All staff participate in Vera’s phantom equity plan.
We do not cap sick leave. If you’re sick, we hope you get better!
Vera offers a retirement plan and contribution matching to all of its staff.
An annual stipend to spend on travel and physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
In addition to robust paid parental leave, Vera assists with the costs of child care.
How to Apply
To apply, fill out the online application (attaching CV). Please contact email@example.com with any additional questions.