Vera Solutions is a social enterprise and certified B Corporation building cloud and mobile applications for social impact organizations worldwide. Vera Solutions offers a product, Amp Impact, which is a Salesforce-based solution on the Salesforce AppExchange for organizations pursuing impact. Amp Impact is now used in more than 100 countries to manage data for over $1.5 billion in development programs and grants.
The Project Manager will lead Vera’s project consulting teams to design and configure operations/program monitoring, management, and evaluation systems for social impact organizations. Consultants manage client relationships and project delivery according to quality standards. They are involved throughout the entirety of a project’s lifecycle — gathering requirements, solution design, building and testing cloud-based data systems, providing training to system users, and supporting system implementation and rollout.
As a Project Manager, you’ll gain valuable experience with Salesforce – the world’s leading cloud-computing platform, currently used by more than 150,000 for-profit and 40,000 non-profit organizations worldwide. You will gain first-hand experience working with a diverse range of social sector clients while working in a global marketplace.
You will join our team of passionate humans with diverse backgrounds and experiences, all dedicated to improving the way social impact organizations operate. We’re a self-motivated, creative group, and we emphasize collaboration, flexibility, and professionalism. Vera is a young, rapidly growing company; we encourage all team members to push their own boundaries and drive the company in new directions.
- Manage projects and oversee project teams
- Consult directly with clients; develop relationships and regularly communicate with active and prospective clients
- Within the consulting team: develop and implement clear project plans, budgets, timelines, and development strategies for client engagements, oversee Vera’s project teams to ensure high-quality delivery on-time and on-budget
- Lead internal and external project planning and kickoff; facilitate regular project team meetings with Vera and client stakeholders.
- Manage resources within and between project teams to utilization and hours targets.
- Contribute to business development including responding to RFPs, facilitating sales conversations, and scoping new projects
- Contribute to Vera’s learning environment; manage, train, and coach junior staff
- Remain informed on new technologies, methodologies, and tools relevant to nonprofits and NGOs
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree — what you studied isn’t critical; what you’re passionate about is
- 6+ years professional experience
- Project management of technology implementations or consulting experience and aptitude
- Experience and ability to manage budgets and timelines to target
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute project work plans, including effective management of budget and timelines, profitability and high-quality delivery of technology solutions.
- Strong organizational skills, including attention to detail, time management, and a demonstrable ability to define and refine requirements through a project lifecycle.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills — do problems slow you down or drive you to seek solutions?
- Strong aptitude for using technology and data
- Demonstrated interest in social sector work
- Demonstrated leadership experience — you should be able to lead through setting a high standard of excellence and best practice as a Project Manager.
- The ability to identify gaps and opportunities for improvement in our processes and find ways to solve for them is critical to this role.
- Demonstrated client relationship management experience — ability to manage senior client stakeholders to effective outcomes is a key requirement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relational skills
- Understanding of SDLC methodologies (Agile, Waterfall)
- 10+ years of professional experience
- Management experience
- Experience implementing technology projects in the social sector
- Experience working with the Salesforce platform
- Fluency/proficiency in Spanish, French, or Portuguese is a plus
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time position with access to all company benefits. We take care of our employees and their families, by offering competitive benefits, such as:
38 days of paid leave each year, including local and company-wide holidays and a December break.
Vera covers 100% of medical, dental, and visual plan premiums.
All staff participate in Vera’s phantom equity plan.
We do not cap sick leave. If you’re sick, we hope you get better!
Vera offers a retirement plan and contribution matching to all of its staff.
An annual stipend to spend on travel and physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
To help employees with outstanding student loans, Vera offers a Student Loan Benefit.
In addition to robust paid parental leave, Vera assists with the costs of child care.
How to Apply
To apply, fill out the online application (attaching CV). Please contact email@example.com with any additional questions.