Join our innovative, global team using technology to transform the way the social sector engages with data. We run on passion, blending diverse skill sets and experiences with a collective mission to help organizations tackle challenges and achieve greater impact. We encourage all staff to push their own boundaries and drive the company in exciting new directions. As a social enterprise, we reinvest a majority of our profits in our growth and continued pursuit of our mission and vision.
The Project Manager will lead Vera’s project consulting teams to design and configure operations/program monitoring, management, and evaluation systems for social impact organizations. Consultants manage client relationships and project delivery according to quality standards. They are involved throughout the entirety of a project’s lifecycle — gathering requirements, solution design, building and testing cloud-based data systems, providing training to system users, and supporting system implementation and rollout. Additionally, Project Managers will support in lead generation and the sales process. Project Managers are leaders in the hub and will be expected to take on leadership responsibilities, including supporting internal learning and team management.
You’ll join as part of the 2021-22 Fellowship cohort, providing you with a support network to ensure accelerated growth. As a Fellow, you will benefit from ongoing learning opportunities, leadership development, and mentorship from leaders within Vera. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to research new technologies, support directors in the sales process, and build relationships with our clients.
- Manage projects and oversee project teams
- Consult directly with clients; develop relationships and regularly communicate with active and prospective clients
- Within the consulting team: develop and implement clear project plans, budgets, timelines, and development strategies for client engagements, oversee Vera’s project teams to ensure high quality delivery on-time and on-budget
- Lead discovery and design workshops, including facilitation of external stakeholders, solution presentations, and prototype demonstrations
- Contribute to business development including responding to RFPs, facilitating sales conversations, and scoping new projects
- Contribute to Vera’s learning environment; manage, train, and coach junior staff
- Remain informed on new technologies, methodologies, and tools relevant to non-profits and NGOs
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree — what you studied isn’t critical; what you’re passionate about is
- 4+ years professional experience
- Project management or consulting experience and aptitude
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute on project work plans, including effective management of budget and timelines
- Strong organizational skills, including attention to detail and time management
- Analytical and problem solving skills — do problems slow you down or drive you to seek solutions?
- Strong aptitude for using technology and data
- Demonstrated interest in social sector work
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication (English and Portuguese) and relational skills
- Experience or interest working in a small, dynamic team
- Experience in a client-facing role
- Understanding of SLDC methodologies (Agile, Waterfall)
- Management experience
- Experience working with the Force.com platform
- Fluency/proficiency in Spanish
Onboarding & Training
The 2021-22 Fellowship will kick off in mid-May with a comprehensive virtual onboarding and training program. Through a mix of dynamic sessions, technical trainings, and team-building activities, you will gain a holistic understanding of Vera’s work, meet with teammates around the globe, and work in groups to apply your learnings through an intensive case study exercise.
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time position with access to all company benefits. We take care of our employees and their families, by offering competitive benefits, such as:
Vera covers 100% of medical, dental, and visual plan premiums.
All staff participate in Vera’s phantom equity plan.
54 days of paid leave each year, including local and company-wide holidays and a December break.
We do not cap sick leave. If you’re sick, we hope you get better!
Vera offers a retirement plan and contribution matching to all of its staff.
How to Apply
Complete an online application (attaching CV). The deadline for submission is March 8th, 2021 at 11:59pm EST. Please contact [email protected] with any additional questions.