Quality Assurance Engineer
Join our innovative, global team using technology to transform the way the social sector engages with data. We run on passion, blending diverse skill sets and experiences with a collective mission to help organizations tackle challenges and achieve greater impact. We encourage all staff to push their own boundaries and drive the company in exciting new directions. As a social enterprise, we reinvest a majority of our profits in our growth and continued pursuit of our mission and vision.
The Quality Assurance Engineer will be part of a growing Product team and play a critical role in maintaining quality control and ensuring that our products are ready for release to customers. This will primarily involve working with Quality Assurance Manager in designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions.
You will join a team of passionate individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences, all dedicated to improving the way social impact organizations operate. We’re a self-motivated, creative group, and we emphasize collaboration, flexibility, and professionalism. Vera is a young, rapidly growing company; we encourage all team members to push their own boundaries and drive the company in new directions.
- Review requirements, specifications and functional design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Identify, record, document and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (ex: – Developers, BAs and Product Managers) for alignment
- Peer review test cases while executing testing and provide feedback
- Defining regression testing scope
- Facilitate proactive solutions by collecting and analyzing quality data
- Maintain detailed testing and quality records and relevant documentation
- Design, build, implement, and support cloud and mobile data systems for a range of social service organizations worldwide
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Develop deep technical and market-based expertise on our core and future products
Qualifications and Experience
- 2-5 years proven experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer
- Experience managing test plans and execution
- Thorough knowledge of Quality Assurance methodologies and standards
- Experience in various phases like Functional, Regression, System Integration Testing and UAT
- Experience using JIRA and Confluence
- Exposure to different testing phases, frameworks and methodologies
- Experience in an agile software development environment, with rapid feedback loops and quick release cycles
- Persistent and Proactive
- Curiosity and problem-solving skills—Do problems slow you down or drive you to seek solutions?
- Excellent written, verbal communication and relational skills
- Detail-oriented with a result driven approach
- Insatiable desire to improve skills and knowledge of self and others
- Salesforce Platform Exposure
- Product company experience
- Interest in the social impact sector
Growth Opportunities at Vera:
- Sr QA Engineer
- Salesforce Platform Exposure
- Automation Testing on Salesforce
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time position with access to all company benefits. We take care of our employees and their families, by offering competitive benefits, such as:
38 days of paid leave each year, including local and company-wide holidays and a December break.
Vera covers 100% of medical, dental, and visual plan premiums.
Vera offers a retirement plan and contribution matching to all of its staff.
An annual stipend to spend on travel and physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
To help employees with outstanding student loans, Vera offers a Student Loan Benefit.
In addition to robust paid parental leave, Vera assists with the costs of child care.
We do not cap sick leave. If you’re sick, we hope you get better!
How to Apply
To apply, fill out the online application (attaching CV). Please contact [email protected] with any additional questions.