Join our innovative, global team using technology to transform the way the social sector engages with data. We run on passion, blending diverse skill sets and experiences with a collective mission to help organizations tackle challenges and achieve greater impact. We encourage all staff to push their own boundaries and drive the company in exciting new directions. As a social enterprise and certified B Corporation, we reinvest a majority of our profits in our growth and continued pursuit of our mission and vision.
The Resource Manager will collaborate with departments across the organization to manage resources within and between project teams. You will be responsible for assigning available staff to projects based on their skills and experience, availability, circumstances, and personal development, while balancing the client and the business unit’s needs. This role will allow you to gain experience in a growing social enterprise, working closely with staff across the company to enable it to scale sustainably.
You’ll join as part of the 2021-22 Fellowship cohort, providing you with a support network to ensure accelerated growth. As a Fellow, you will benefit from ongoing learning opportunities, leadership development, and mentorship from leaders within Vera. Additionally, you will have diverse opportunities – for example, you may research new technologies, support the sales process, contribute to our product development, or build relationships with clients and other stakeholders.
- Manage resources within and between project teams to utilization and hours targets
- Assigning available staff to projects based on their skills and experience, availability, circumstances, and personal development, while balancing the client and the business unit’s needs
- Provide suggestions/input into hiring plans based on resource pool and projected future needs
- Providing project managers with ongoing resource management and related support
- Monitoring employee utilization, workload, and overtime hours
- Mitigating resource concerns by reallocating resources, adjusting goals, or assigning additional staff
- Collaborating on resource management with internal departments and Project Managers
- Help to provide insight to business leadership on forecast staffing utilisation scenarios
- Ensure forecast time and availability is updated; live projects vs. pending
- Engage with key stakeholders to deliver creative resourcing solutions and manage any issues (e.g. double bookings, conflicts, or staff shortages on assignments)
- Documenting processes and maintaining records
- Keeping informed on labor laws and trends in resource management
- Assist with any ad hoc tasks to support the consulting and delivery teams
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Human Resource Management, Finance or similar
- 5+ years professional experience in a Resource Management, Scheduling Management, Project Management or similar role
- Resource Management experience in a consulting firm, IT consulting preferred
- Strong ability at establishing rapport with others, will collaborate with departments across the organization
- Strong organizational skills, including attention to detail and time management
- Analytical and problem solving skills with a creative, solution-orientated approach to work
- Strong aptitude for using technology and data
- Demonstrated interest in social sector work
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relational skills
- The right to work in South Africa
- Project Management experience
- Experience working with the Force.com platform
Onboarding & Training
The 2021-22 Fellowship will kick off in mid-May with a comprehensive virtual onboarding and training program. Through a mix of dynamic sessions, technical trainings, and team-building activities, you will gain a holistic understanding of Vera’s work, meet with teammates around the globe, and work in groups to apply your learnings through an intensive case study exercise.
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time position with access to all company benefits. We take care of our employees and their families, by offering competitive benefits, such as:
Vera covers 100% of medical, dental, and visual plan premiums.
To help employees with outstanding student loans, Vera offers a Student Loan Benefit.
38 days of paid leave each year, including local and company-wide holidays and a December break.
In addition to robust paid parental leave, Vera assists with the costs of child care.
An annual stipend to spend on travel and physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
All staff participate in Vera’s phantom equity plan.
Vera offers a retirement plan and contribution matching to all of its staff.
We do not cap sick leave. If you’re sick, we hope you get better!
How to Apply
Complete an online application (attaching CV). The deadline for submission is March 14th, 2021 at 11:59pm EST. Please contact email@example.com with any additional questions.