Focus: Project management, development-sector consulting, business development and client relationship management, process design, data systems, impact measurement, cloud and mobile technology, Force.com platform
Location: Geneva, London, or Washington DC
Vera Solutions is a social enterprise and Certified B Corporation® building cloud and mobile applications for social impact organizations worldwide. Our clients—more than 250 organizations in over 50 countries—include major iNGOs and grant-making organizations, social enterprises, and community-based organizations. Our solutions help organizations working in health, education, human rights, and other development sectors to collect, analyze and utilize real-time, high-quality programmatic data, automate processes, and work more efficiently and effectively. Vera’s work is centered on the Force.com platform, the world’s leading cloud application development platform.
Vera is a growing organization, with over 50 full-time staff based in Boston, Cape Town, Dar es Salaam, Geneva, Mumbai, Nairobi, New York, São Paulo, and Washington, D.C. We have been honored with the Global Good Fund, Echoing Green, Rainer Arnhold, Dasra Social Impact, Bluhm/Helfand Social Innovation Fellowships and the Genesis Prize and have been featured in Forbes Magazine’s 30 Under 30 Social Entrepreneurs and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 30 Startups to Watch.
We are looking for a dedicated Senior Consultant who is capable of navigating complex project management, and external sales opportunities with precision, enthusiasm, and dedication to quality. Senior Consultants (SC) are responsible for growing Vera’s business, driving efficiency and transparency in the social sector, and enabling organizations to harness the power of data and technology.
The SC will focus on project management and sales. The Senior Consultant should be energized by opportunities to connect directly with our clients, and have a track record of managing high-stakes projects and client relationships across a portfolio of challenging projects with limited supervision. Internally, the Senior Consultant will manage small project teams with a “can-do” attitude, cultivating a spirit of teamwork, support, and mentorship.
The SC is responsible for understanding the ins and outs of Vera’s consulting process and technical approach to system design and development. The SC will be expected to manage multiple challenging projects and diverse project teams – to proactively set up, manage, and deliver the granular activities and interactions that make up the project cycle of a technology consulting company. As a project manager, the SC is responsible for the on-time and on-budget delivery of projects that meet Vera’s quality standards, and for the growth, mentorship and support of the members of the project team.
Sales and Client Relationship Management
The Senior Consultant will source and cultivate new client relationships and steward relationships with existing clients and partners. SCs represent Vera at conferences and events, and are responsible for understanding and speaking to our body of work and capabilities. Over time the SC will also be responsible for proposal development, scoping, and budgeting, as well as demoing to prospective clients.
- Lead consulting engagements and oversee project teams to quality delivery
- Deliver projects across a range of project management methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, SCRUM, as appropriate)
- Drive sales, including by sourcing new leads, responding to leads, and demoing to potential clients
- Inspire, motivate, and coach consultants to higher levels of productivity and performance
- Develop and steward lasting client relationships
- Project manage the design, development, and implementation of cloud and mobile data systems for a range of social impact organizations
- Contribute to Vera’s learning environment
- Drive sustainable growth of Vera’s consulting business
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years professional experience
- 2+ years of professional services or consulting experience in a project management role
- 1+ years of management experience
- Demonstrated interest and experience in business development/developing new client relationships
- Excellent leadership instincts and skills: intuitive and effective human manager with experience coaching team members; skilled facilitator, consensus builder, trustworthy
- Demonstrated interest/experience in growing a business
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relational skills
- Experience or interest in working with a small, dynamic team
- Positive, supportive attitude, and sense of humor
- Graduate degree: MBA, MPA, or other relevant degree
- Experience working in a social impact organization
- Experience working with the Salesforce.com platform
- Fluency/proficiency in Spanish, French, Portuguese or other languages
Compensation & Benefits:
Vera Solutions offers competitive compensation (including benefits), commensurate with experience and cost of living.
How to Apply:
Complete an online application (attaching CV and cover letter) here by November 25th, 2018.
For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.