Join our innovative, global team using technology to transform the way the social sector engages with data. We run on passion, blending diverse skill sets and experiences with a collective mission to help organizations tackle challenges and achieve greater impact. We encourage all staff to push their own boundaries and drive the company in exciting new directions. As a social enterprise and certified B Corporation, we reinvest a majority of our profits in our growth and continued pursuit of our mission and vision.
We are seeking a talented Senior Accounting Associate to oversee the daily financial and accounting operations for our Brazil hub. The Senior Accounting Associate assists and supports the Global Accounting Manager with managing budgets, invoices, expenses, and cash flow. The ideal candidate will also provide support on cross-functional projects, such as equipment management, overseeing facilities for the Brazil office, and collaborating with local lawyers on HR and employment matters.
This role will allow you the opportunity to stretch and grow, gaining experience in the financial operations of a growing global company.
We’re looking for someone who demonstrates excellent attention to detail, communication, time management skills, experience, and problem-solving capabilities. We want someone with a demonstrated ability to coordinate competing priorities with finesse, professionalism, and enthusiasm.
- Maintain up-to-date general ledger
- Reconcile and balance all Brazil accounts
- Draw up financial statements (trial balance, income statement, balance sheet)
- Collate and analyze account data and generate financial reports
- Maintain internal control systems
- Manage local accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Prepare and send invoices for Brazil based clients
- Review business transactions for proper supporting documentation
- Assist with audit schedules and inquiries
- Contribute to the month-end close and account reconciliations
- Communicate with internal departments on billing issues to improve current processes
- Reconcile, research, and resolve billing variances when they arise
- Assist with payroll preparation
- Assist with budget preparation
- Support on cross-functional projects, such as equipment management, overseeing facilities for the Brazil office, provide operational support to the local Brazil Director
- Collaborate with local lawyers on HR and employment matters
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 4+ years experience in accounting or finance
- Familiarity with GAAP principles
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Fluency in English and Portuguese
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Word
- Professional full-cycle accounts payable or accounts receivable experience
- Ability and comfort working in a dynamic team-based environment
- A detail-oriented focus
- The right to work in Brazil
- CPA/SAICA/CIMA or other relevant accounting certification (full or partly qualified)
- Expertise in internal controls and technical accounting
- Familiarity with local, state, federal, and international tax regulation, especially in a US company
- Experience using Salesforce
- Experience using NetSuite
- Fluency in Spanish
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time position with access to all company benefits. We take care of our employees and their families, by offering competitive benefits, such as:
Vera covers 100% of medical, dental, and visual plan premiums.
All staff participate in Vera’s phantom equity plan.
54 days of paid leave each year, including local and company-wide holidays and a December break.
We do not cap sick leave. If you’re sick, we hope you get better!
Vera offers a retirement plan and contribution matching to all of its staff.
How to Apply
To apply, fill out the online application (attaching CV). Please contact email@example.com with any additional questions.