Join our innovative, global team using technology to transform the way the social sector engages with data. We run on passion, blending diverse skill sets and experiences with a collective mission to help organizations tackle challenges and achieve greater impact. We encourage all staff to push their own boundaries and drive the company in exciting new directions. As a social enterprise, we reinvest a majority of our profits in our growth and continued pursuit of our mission and vision.
The Senior Developer will be part of a growing Development/Products team in Mumbai. The Senior Developer will be an active contributor to the design and implementation of new features in Vera’s products, Amp Impact and Many2Many.
The Senior Developer should bring a desire to learn new technologies and processes, and an eagerness to develop new skills. Our Developers have a strong work ethic, are driven to think for themselves, work independently, and balance multiple tasks.
The Senior Developer will join a team of passionate individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences, all dedicated to improving the way social impact organizations operate. We’re a self-motivated, creative group, and we emphasize collaboration, flexibility, and professionalism. Vera is a young, rapidly growing company; we encourage all team members to push their own boundaries and drive the company in new directions.
- Write top quality code that provides the best solution for our clients
- Write well-tested and easily maintainable code
- Follow and contribute to internal best practices, commit to improving upon and learning new skills, and keep up-to-date with industry trends and developments
- Work closely with Product team-members to design, develop, test, and implement high quality Salesforce-based applications for a range of social service organizations worldwide
- Provide tier 3 support to the Customer Support Analyst and/or Product Associates on adhoc customer success tickets of varying levels of urgencies
- Interpret functional requirements and designs to technical specifications
- Provide accurate estimates for work that allow the code to be written to our high standards, but are affordable for our clients
- Code Reviews
- Training and mentoring junior staff
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant degree in Computer Engineering/Com. Science/BSc. I.T.
- At least 4 years of professional experience as a Salesforce programmer
- Foundations in the following:
- Server-side/back-end: Java/Apex
- REST/SOAP based web-services, Web-hooks
- Systems development life cycle management: Agile/Scrum/Waterfall
- Strong understanding of OOP concepts
- Demonstrated success with non-programming aspects of development, such as working in a team, self-management and proactive communication
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relational skills
- Excellent organizational skills and a passion for fine details
- Diligent work ethic and proven ability to work with drive and enthusiasm
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects
- Insatiable desire to improve skills and knowledge of self and others
- Fluent English language skills
- Experience developing or managing mobile applications
- Interest in social service work or international development
Growth Opportunities at Vera
There are several growth paths that we envision a Senior Developer can transition into depending on their interest and skill set. Below are the growth paths that we foresee:
- Development Manager
- Solutions Engineer
- Technical Architect
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time position with access to all company benefits. We take care of our employees and their families, by offering competitive benefits, such as:
Vera covers 100% of medical, dental, and visual plan premiums.
To help employees with outstanding student loans, Vera offers a Student Loan Benefit.
38 days of paid leave each year, including local and company-wide holidays and a December break.
In addition to robust paid parental leave, Vera assists with the costs of child care.
An annual stipend to spend on travel and physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
All staff participate in Vera’s phantom equity plan.
Vera offers a retirement plan and contribution matching to all of its staff.
We do not cap sick leave. If you’re sick, we hope you get better!
How to Apply
To apply, complete an online application (attaching CV). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.