Senior Internal Controls Specialist
We are seeking a talented Senior Internal Controls Specialist to oversee the designing, implementation and auditing of internal controls, governance and risk management systems for our international organization. The Senior Internal Controls Specialist assists and supports the CFO with planning internal control audits, identifying opportunities for improvements in the organisation’s control systems, and following up on identifying control deficiencies.
- Design & implement internal audit function’s standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Manage the documentation of policies and standard operating procedures
- Develop the annual risk-based internal audit plan
- Assist management in reviewing the effectiveness of internal control processes
- Recommend improvements in manual and computer controls
- Assess compliance with policies, procedures, and standards
- Analyse data to identify compliance deficiencies and potential risks
- Document the audit process and prepares audit findings report for management
- Obtain, analyse, and evaluate accounting control systems and business processes to identify weaknesses and recommend improvements
- Discuss audit findings and recommendations with the CFO and departmental heads
- Follow-up on the implementation of audit recommendations
- Conduct ad-hoc/ special investigations and reviews as requested by management
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or auditing
- 3+ years auditing experience
- Familiarity with Internal Auditing Standards and any internal controls frameworks i.e. COSO Framework
- Familiarity with GAAP principles
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Word
- Ability and comfort working in a dynamic team-based environment
- A detail-oriented focus
- Professional certification such as CPA, CIA, CISA, CA and ACCA, or working towards such
- Expertise in internal controls and technical accounting, particularly software license revenue recognition
- Familiarity with local, state, federal, and international tax regulation, especially in a US company
- Experience with auditing international entities
- Experience using Salesforce and Netsuite
Compensation & Benefits
Vera Solutions offers competitive compensation (including benefits), commensurate with experience and cost of living.
38 days of paid leave each year, including local and company-wide holidays and a December break.
Vera covers 100% of medical, dental, and visual plan premiums.
Vera offers a retirement plan and contribution matching to all of its staff.
An annual stipend to spend on travel and physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
To help employees with outstanding student loans, Vera offers a Student Loan Benefit.
In addition to robust paid parental leave, Vera assists with the costs of child care.
We do not cap sick leave. If you’re sick, we hope you get better!
How to Apply
To apply, fill out the online application (attaching CV). Please contact [email protected] with any additional questions.