Join our innovative, global team using technology to transform the way the social sector engages with data. We run on passion, blending diverse skill sets and experiences with a collective mission to help organizations tackle challenges and achieve greater impact. We encourage all staff to push their own boundaries and drive the company in exciting new directions. As a social enterprise and certified B Corporation, we reinvest a majority of our profits in our growth and continued pursuit of our mission and vision.
The Social Media Associate will join Vera as part of the 2021-22 Fellowship cohort, which allows you a support network to ensure accelerated growth in this role. You will benefit from ongoing learning opportunities, leadership development, and mentorship from leaders within Vera.
The Social Media Associate will work closely with our Marketing team to manage Vera’s social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and other relevant platforms. You will also have the opportunity to develop social media campaigns, and implement strategies, and activities, designed to increase brand recognition for our products and services globally. This role will allow you to gain experience in the operations of a growing social enterprise, working closely with staff across the company to enable it to scale sustainably.
We’re looking for someone who demonstrates excellent attention to detail, communication, time management skills, creativity, and eagerness to learn. The ideal candidate will be a strong writer, skilled in graphic design, and have a demonstrated ability to coordinate competing priorities with finesse, excellence, and enthusiasm.
- Assist Team in managing the company’s social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and other relevant platforms
- Works with team to create dynamic and engaging written, graphic, and video content
- Post social media content
- Works alongside the Marketing team to develop large social media campaigns
- Uses timelines and scheduled content to create a consistent stream of new content for audience interaction
- Assists in managing social media communications
- Develop, present and execute strategies designed to improve our online presence; craft and curate content for our social media channels
- Develop, present and implement communication plans, strategies, and activities, designed to increase brand recognition for our products and services globally
- Monitor and analyse data relating to user engagement
- Prepare reports based on social media campaigns’ performance
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, New Media or Public Relations
- At least 1-2 years professional experience, particularly in social media, marketing, business development, digital media or a related field
- Demonstrated interest in social impact
- Background in visual arts/graphic and/or web design
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relational skills
- Ability to write, and edit (photo/video/text) publishable content across social media platforms
- Familiarity with social analytics tools
- Ability and comfort working in a dynamic team-based environment
- Strong networking skills
- A detail-oriented focus
- Experience developing communications materials for a range of audiences
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience in using website and CRM software, social media platforms, and social media management tools
- Experience using Salesforce
- Strong project management experience
Onboarding & Training
The 2021-22 Fellowship will kick off in mid-May with a comprehensive virtual onboarding and training program. Through a mix of dynamic sessions, technical trainings, and team-building activities, you will gain a holistic understanding of Vera’s work, meet with teammates around the globe, and work in groups to apply your learnings through an intensive case study exercise.
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time position with access to all company benefits. We take care of our employees and their families, by offering competitive benefits, such as:
Vera covers 100% of medical, dental, and visual plan premiums.
To help employees with outstanding student loans, Vera offers a Student Loan Benefit.
38 days of paid leave each year, including local and company-wide holidays and a December break.
In addition to robust paid parental leave, Vera assists with the costs of child care.
An annual stipend to spend on travel and physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
All staff participate in Vera’s phantom equity plan.
Vera offers a retirement plan and contribution matching to all of its staff.
We do not cap sick leave. If you’re sick, we hope you get better!
How to Apply
Complete an online application (attaching CV). The deadline for submission is March 1st, 2021 at 11:59pm EST. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.