Join our innovative, global team using technology to transform the way the social sector engages with data. We run on passion, blending diverse skill sets and experiences with a collective mission to help organizations tackle challenges and achieve greater impact. We encourage all staff to push their own boundaries and drive the company in exciting new directions. As a social enterprise, we reinvest a majority of our profits in our growth and continued pursuit of our mission and vision.
The Systems Admin Associate will be part of a growing Operations team, and will collaborate with departments across the organization. The Systems Admin Associate will play a critical role in working with the System admin Manager to oversee and improve all of Vera’s systems. As the Systems Admin Associate, you will participate in the planning and analysis of business requirements for system changes and enhancements. You will also have the opportunity to investigate and troubleshoot issues/bugs, and apply solutions.
We’re looking for someone who demonstrates excellent data management skills, strong attention to detail, communication, strategic problem-solving capabilities, and time management skills. The ideal candidate will have a passion for technology, learning, and a desire to help grow an organization. We want someone with a demonstrated ability to coordinate competing priorities with finesse, professionalism, and enthusiasm.
- Work with System Admin Manager to oversee and improve all of Vera’s systems
- Participate in the planning and analysis of business requirements for system changes and enhancements
- Write and deliver training material or other Salesforce system support documentation
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues/bugs and apply solutions
- Perform User Creation and Management tasks
- Do custom object development by creating custom fields, page layouts, and record types
- Design and implement custom automation like validation rules, process flows, workflow rules etc.
- Participate in creating and implementing test suites and performing different types of testing
- Collaborate with the team for release management tasks
- Perform ETL tasks by using tools such as Data loader tools and other data migration tools
- Collaborate with the team for integration of the system with other third party tools
- Manage and improve data quality, system integrity, and security by performing regular audits and clean up tasks
- Proactively identify process or system improvements for various Vera’s systems
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant degree in Computer Engineering/Com. Science/BSc. I.T.
- 2+ years of experience as a Systems Administrator or similar role, preferably in the technology or IT space
- 1+ years experience using the Salesforce.com platform
- Strong aptitude for using technology and data
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and perform multiple tasks effectively
- Ability and comfort working independently and in a dynamic team-based environment
- Comfort working with teams across time zones
- A detail-oriented focus
- Excellent written/verbal communication (English)
- Phenomenal work ethic, including time management
- Passion for technology, learning, and a desire to help grow an organization
- Curiosity and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with large data to perform Data Analysis using Excel, Text Editor and other tools
- Demonstrated interest in social service work or international development
- Experience with JIRA
- Relevant Salesforce certifications (Salesforce Admin, Platform Developer I)
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time position with access to all company benefits. We take care of our employees and their families, by offering competitive benefits, such as:
Vera covers 100% of medical, dental, and visual plan premiums.
To help employees with outstanding student loans, Vera offers a Student Loan Benefit.
38 days of paid leave each year, including local and company-wide holidays and a December break.
In addition to robust paid parental leave, Vera assists with the costs of child care.
An annual stipend to spend on travel and physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
All staff participate in Vera’s phantom equity plan.
Vera offers a retirement plan and contribution matching to all of its staff.
We do not cap sick leave. If you’re sick, we hope you get better!
How to Apply
Complete an online application (attaching CV). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.