Technical Project Manager
Join our innovative, global team using technology to transform the way the social sector engages with data. We run on passion, blending diverse skill sets and experiences with a collective mission to help organizations tackle challenges and achieve greater impact. We encourage all staff to push their own boundaries and drive the company in exciting new directions. As a social enterprise and certified B Corporation, we reinvest a majority of our profits in our growth and continued pursuit of our mission and vision.
The Project Manager will support Vera project teams to design and configure operations/program monitoring, management, and evaluation systems for social impact organizations as a member of Vera’s consulting team. Consultants manage client relationships and project delivery according to quality standards. They are involved throughout the entirety of a project’s life cycle — gathering requirements, solution design, building and testing cloud-based data systems, providing training to system users, and supporting system implementation and rollout.
As a Project Manager, you’ll gain valuable experience with Salesforce – the world’s leading cloud-computing platform, currently used by more than 150,000 for-profit and 30,000 non-profit organizations worldwide. You will gain first-hand experience working with a diverse range of social sector clients while working in a global marketplace.
You will join our team of passionate humans with diverse backgrounds and experiences, all dedicated to improving the way social impact organizations operate. We’re a self-motivated, creative group, and we emphasize collaboration, flexibility, and professionalism. Vera is a growing company; we encourage all team members to push their own boundaries and drive the company in new directions.
- Manage projects and oversee project teams
- Consult directly with clients; develop relationships and regularly communicate with active and prospective clients
- Develop and implement clear project plans, budgets, timelines, develop strategies for client engagement, oversee Vera’s project teams to ensure high quality delivery on-time and on-budget
- Escalate project risks or issues appropriately to leadership
- Lead internal and external project planning and kickoff; facilitate regular project team meetings with Vera and client stakeholders.
- Manage resources within and between project teams to utilization and hours targets.
- Contribute to business development including support on RFPs, facilitating sales conversations, and support scoping new projects
- Remain informed on new technologies, methodologies, and tools relevant to nonprofits and NGOs
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree — what you studied isn’t critical; what you’re passionate about is
- 2-4 years professional experience
- At least one of the following:
- Supporting the management of a technology implementation project
- Experience in planning or managing events to budget
- Overseeing tight budgets on small teams
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute on project work plans, including effective management of budget and timelines
- Strong organizational skills, including attention to detail and time management
- Analytical and problem solving skills — do problems slow you down or drive you to seek solutions?
- Strong aptitude for using technology and data
- Demonstrated interest in social sector work
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Demonstrated client relationship experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relational skills
- Experience or interest working in a small, dynamic team
- Fluency/proficiency in English
- Understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies (Agile, Waterfall)
- People management experience
- Consulting experience
- Experience working with the Salesforce platform
- Fluency/proficiency in Portuguese, Spanish, and/or French
- 1+ years managing Salesforce system implementation projects
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time position with access to all company benefits. We take care of our employees and their families, by offering competitive benefits, such as:
Vera covers 100% of medical, dental, and visual plan premiums.
To help employees with outstanding student loans, Vera offers a Student Loan Benefit.
38 days of paid leave each year, including local and company-wide holidays and a December break.
In addition to robust paid parental leave, Vera assists with the costs of child care.
An annual stipend to spend on travel and physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
All staff participate in Vera’s phantom equity plan.
Vera offers a retirement plan and contribution matching to all of its staff.
We do not cap sick leave. If you’re sick, we hope you get better!
How to Apply
To apply, fill out the online application (attaching CV). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.