Business Intelligence Data Analyst
Join our innovative, global team using technology to transform the way the social sector engages with data. We run on passion, blending diverse skill sets and experiences with a collective mission to help organizations tackle challenges and achieve greater impact. We encourage all staff to push their own boundaries and drive the company in exciting new directions. As a social enterprise, we reinvest a majority of our profits in our growth and continued pursuit of our mission and vision.
We are seeking a strategic, talented, and experienced Business Intelligence (BI) Data Analyst to oversee the design and maintenance of business intelligence applications. The analyst will be responsible for conducting advanced analytics to identify opportunities and strengths to meet Vera’s goals. They will also provide key insights and use those findings to develop strategic BI solutions and reports with data visualizations that inform and engage business partners on key drivers and performance targets.
The BI Data Analyst will have the opportunity to gain valuable exposure to other elements of Finance by driving and participating in various business support projects within the Finance department. This role will allow you the opportunity to stretch and grow, gaining experience to financial operations of a growing global company.
We’re looking for someone who demonstrates excellent statistical analysis and quantitative skills, strong attention to detail, communication, strategic problem-solving capabilities, and time management skills. The ideal candidate will have a passion for technology, learning, and a desire to help grow an organization. We want someone with a demonstrated intermediary level ability to coordinate competing priorities with finesse, professionalism, and enthusiasm.
- Analyse data, evaluate historical trends and current conditions, and communicate findings and recommendations to senior management
- Responsible for the strategic design, implementation, and maintenance of business intelligence applications
- Conduct advanced analytics to identify opportunities and strengths to support Vera attain business goals
- Develop models that provide data for process management and indicators for future improvement opportunities
- Create and present data visualizations that inform and engage business partners on key metrics and performance measures
- Initiate budget forecast, analysis, variance reports and generate ad-hoc reports
- Design and build technical processes to address business issues
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, economics, mathematics, computer science, or other related tertiary qualification
- 3+ years of experience in a business intelligence, data analysis, data science or similar analytical role
- 3+ years of experience in visualization tools including Power BI, Tableau, Tableau CRM or Qlik
- Able to query data using SQL
- Excellent statistical analysis, quantitative skills, and overall logical interpretation of data
- Technical aptitude and confidence with Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and meet deadlines
- Ability and comfort working independently and in a dynamic team-based environment
- A detail-oriented focus with capacity for flexible and innovative thinking
- Excellent written/verbal communication (English)
- Phenomenal work ethic, including time management
- Able to demonstrate a high level of trust and self-discipline
- Passion for technology, learning, and a desire to help grow an organization
- 3+ years of experience in programming (e. g. Python, SQL, Microsoft BI Suite or R)
- Experience using Salesforce
- Experience in business analysis and process documentation
- Project administration/management skills
- Demonstrates interest in social service work
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time position with access to all company benefits. We take care of our employees and their families, by offering competitive benefits, such as:
38 days of paid leave each year, including local and company-wide holidays and a December break.
Vera covers 100% of medical, dental, and visual plan premiums.
All staff participate in Vera’s phantom equity plan.
We do not cap sick leave. If you’re sick, we hope you get better!
Vera offers a retirement plan and contribution matching to all of its staff.
An annual stipend to spend on travel and physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
To help employees with outstanding student loans, Vera offers a Student Loan Benefit.
In addition to robust paid parental leave, Vera assists with the costs of child care.
How to Apply
To apply, fill out the online application (attaching CV). Please contact email@example.com with any additional questions.