Director of Engineering
Vera Solutions is a social enterprise and certified B Corporation building cloud and mobile applications for social impact organizations worldwide. Vera Solutions offers a product, Amp Impact, which is a Salesforce-based solution on the Salesforce AppExchange for organizations pursuing impact. Amp Impact is now used in more than 100 countries to manage data for over $3 billion in development programs and grants.
The Director of Engineering will play a critical role in the delivery of Vera products and client services. The Director of Engineering plays a key role in the full development life cycle of our products by owning the development, QA and deployment phases, along with playing a key role in planning, analysis and design phases.
The Director of Engineering will join the CTO team alongside our Senior Architects and Director of Product to drive forward the products and services that Vera offers to our clients.
- Manage Vera’s Development and QA teams
- Implement cutting edge deployment practices to significantly reduce our go to market time for client engagements
- Drive adoption of best practices in release management and QA across Vera
- Support the development of Vera’s Customer Success, Solutions Engineering and Solutions Architecture teams
- Own the technical quality of Vera’s product range
- Build out new product offerings
- Stay on the cutting edge of technologies relevant to Vera’s work
- Expand the relevance of Vera’s offerings by including new and appropriate technologies
Qualifications and Experience
- Significant experience managing development teams in an Agile environment
- Strong knowledge of Software Development LIfe-Cycle
- Proven ability to Architect solutions of the Salesforce Platform. Ideally, Application Architect certified or willing to gain these certifications quickly
- Full understanding of CI/CD processes and how they can be implemented with Salesforce in both an ISV and SI environment. Ideally, Development Lifecycle and Deployment Architect certified or willing to gain this certification quickly
- Comfortable working with Apex and LWC. Ideally, PD2 certified or willing to gain this certification quickly.
- Passionate about professional development. Excited to mentor more junior team members
- Ability to crossover with IST time zone for at least 4 hours a day
- Fluency in English (written and verbal)
- Previous experience in a Director role or similar senior position
- Excellent project management skills
- Comfort working with teams across time zones
- Willingness to travel (when and where appropriate)
- Demonstrated adaptability; commitment to learning and growth
- Leadership abilities with the ability to plan strategically
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time position with access to all company benefits. We take care of our employees and their families, by offering competitive benefits, such as:
38 days of paid leave each year, including local and company-wide holidays and a December break.
Vera covers 100% of medical, dental, and visual plan premiums.
All staff participate in Vera’s phantom equity plan.
We do not cap sick leave. If you’re sick, we hope you get better!
Vera offers a retirement plan and contribution matching to all of its staff.
An annual stipend to spend on travel and physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
To help employees with outstanding student loans, Vera offers a Student Loan Benefit.
In addition to robust paid parental leave, Vera assists with the costs of child care.
How to Apply
To apply, fill out the online application (attaching CV). Please contact email@example.com with any additional questions.