Join our innovative, global team using technology to transform the way the social sector engages with data. We run on passion, blending diverse skill sets and experiences with a collective mission to help organizations tackle challenges and achieve greater impact. We encourage all staff to push their own boundaries and drive the company in exciting new directions. As a social enterprise, we reinvest a majority of our profits in our growth and continued pursuit of our mission and vision.
The International Cash Manager will work closely with our Finance team to monitor and control the flow of cash coming into and going out of the organization, helping ensure that the company’s business and investment needs are met. You will also have the opportunity to direct cash management operations to include daily cash administration, and management of current accounts. The International Cash Manager will also be responsible for evaluating investment options, and the associated risk factors, and recommending investment opportunities to grow Vera. This role will allow you to gain experience in the operations of a growing social enterprise, working closely with staff across the globe to enable it to scale sustainably.
We’re looking for someone who demonstrates excellent statistical analysis and quantitative skills, strong attention to detail, communication, strategic problem-solving capabilities, and time management skills. The ideal candidate will have a passion for technology, learning, and a desire to help grow an organization. We want someone with a demonstrated ability to coordinate competing priorities with finesse, excellence, and enthusiasm.
- Directs cash management operations to include daily cash administration, and management of current accounts
- Establish and maintain banking relationships
- Monitor and control the flow of cash coming into and going out of the organization, helping ensure that the company’s business and investment needs are met
- Follow standard procedures to improve efficiency in cash collections, funds transfers, cash disbursements, month-end account closing activities, and inter-departmental reporting
- Monitor cash transactions to ensure that bank accounts and any unusual items are investigated
- Forecasts, monitors and tracks cash flow (weekly, monthly, annually), in order to predict cash surplus or deficiencies
- Evaluate investment options, and the associated risk factors; carefully & responsibly invest surplus cash through investment managers based on company policy & cash management objectives
- Recommend investment opportunities to grow Vera
- Develop financial reports to assist CFO in making appropriate decisions regarding debts and foreign exchange investment plans
- Maintain security and confidentiality of financial records
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- 5+ years experience in a Finance, Accounting or similar role
- Strong background in Treasury
- In-depth knowledge of financial statements and financial statement analysis
- Ability to analyze cash flow and the impact on the financial statements
- Technical aptitude and confidence with Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and meet deadlines
- Ability and comfort working independently and in a dynamic team-based environment
- A detail-oriented focus
- Excellent written/verbal communication (English)
- Strong decision-making, analytical, and planning skills
- Able to demonstrate a high level of trust and self discipline
- Passion for technology, learning, and a desire to help grow an international organization
- Certified Cash Manager or Certified Treasury Professional
- International financial management experience
- Experience using Salesforce
- Experience with visual analytics tools such as Power BI, Tableau, etc.
- Demonstrated interest in social service work
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time position with access to all company benefits. We take care of our employees and their families, by offering competitive benefits, such as:
Vera covers 100% of medical, dental, and visual plan premiums.
To help employees with outstanding student loans, Vera offers a Student Loan Benefit.
38 days of paid leave each year, including local and company-wide holidays and a December break.
In addition to robust paid parental leave, Vera assists with the costs of child care.
An annual stipend to spend on travel and physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
All staff participate in Vera’s phantom equity plan.
Vera offers a retirement plan and contribution matching to all of its staff.
We do not cap sick leave. If you’re sick, we hope you get better!
How to Apply
To apply, complete an online application (attaching CV). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.