The Program Manager will be responsible for leading and coaching our lean development team to improve their Agile processes and achieve the Development goals. As a Program Manager, you will work closely with the Product Owner, the Development team, and other stakeholders to ensure that the team is shipping out high-quality software products.
The Program Manager will join a team of passionate individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences, all dedicated to improving the way social impact organizations operate. We’re a self-motivated, creative group, and we emphasize collaboration, flexibility, and professionalism.
- Ensure that the teams are consistently meeting the sprint goals and project deadlines
- Facilitate agile ceremonies, including daily stand-ups, sprint planning, sprint reviews, and retrospectives and t-shirt size estimations, while also providing guidance and support to help team members participate effectively
- Be responsible for JIRA maintenance and collaborate with the Product Owner to ensure requirements are well articulated, clearly defined and understood by the team
- Work with the Product Owner to refine and prioritize the product backlog, and ensure that requirements are clearly defined and understood by the team
- Conduct regular team assessments to identify areas for improvement and suggesting corrective measures
- Train and mentor team members on agile methodologies, tools, and techniques, including Scrum ceremonies and Agile principles
- Identify and mitigate project risks and issues, while also fostering a culture of continuous improvement and encouraging team members to share ideas and best practices
- Effectively communicate the Scrum status and progress to key stakeholders
- Be responsible for the growth path of the members in the Scrum team
Qualifications and Experience
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I)
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least 2 years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
- Good skills and knowledge of facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement including working collaboratively with cross functional teams
- Knowledge of techniques for filling in the gaps in the Scrum approach on a need basis – e.g.: burndown techniques, multiple retrospective formats, bug triaging, PI planning, etc.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Second level Scrum Master certification (CSP, PSM II)
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Applicable knowledge of the technology frameworks and tech-stack used by the team
Compensation & Benefits
Vera Solutions offers competitive compensation (including benefits), commensurate with experience and cost of living.
38 days of paid leave each year, including local and company-wide holidays and a December break.
Vera covers 100% of medical, dental, and visual plan premiums.
Vera offers a retirement plan and contribution matching to all of its staff.
An annual stipend to spend on travel and physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
To help employees with outstanding student loans, Vera offers a Student Loan Benefit.
In addition to robust paid parental leave, Vera assists with the costs of child care.
We do not cap sick leave. If you’re sick, we hope you get better!
How to Apply
To apply, fill out the online application (attaching CV). Please contact [email protected] with any additional questions.