Technical Project Manager (Mumbai)
Join our innovative, global team using technology to transform the way the social sector engages with data. We run on passion, blending diverse skill sets and experiences with a collective mission to help social impact organizations tackle challenges and achieve greater impact globally. We’re a self-motivated, creative group that encourages all staff to push their own boundaries and drive the company in exciting new directions. As a social enterprise and certified B Corporation, we reinvest a majority of our profits in our growth and continued pursuit of our mission and vision.
The Project Manager will lead Vera’s project consulting teams to design and configure operations/program monitoring, management, and evaluation systems for social impact organizations. Consultants manage client relationships and project delivery according to quality standards. They are involved throughout the entirety of a project’s lifecycle — gathering requirements, solution design, building and testing cloud-based data systems, providing training to system users, and supporting system implementation and rollout.
As a Project Manager, you’ll gain valuable experience with Salesforce – the world’s leading cloud-computing platform, currently used by more than 150,000 for-profit and 40,000 non-profit organizations worldwide. You will gain first-hand experience working with a diverse range of social sector clients while working in a global marketplace.
- Manage Salesforce implementation projects and oversee technical project teams
- Consult directly with our most important key clients; develop relationships and regularly communicate with active and prospective clients
- Within the consulting team: develop and implement clear project plans, budgets, timelines, and development strategies for client engagements, oversee Vera’s project teams to ensure high-quality delivery on-time and on-budget
- Lead internal and external project planning and kickoff; facilitate regular project team meetings with Vera and client stakeholders.
- Manage resources within and between project teams to utilization and hours targets.
- Contribute to business development including responding to RFPs, facilitating sales conversations, and scoping new projects
- Contribute to Vera’s learning environment; manage, train, and coach junior staff
- Remain informed on new technologies, methodologies, and tools relevant to non-profits and NGOs
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree — what you studied isn’t critical; what you’re passionate about is
- 6+ years professional experience
- Project management of technology implementations or consulting experience and aptitude
- Experience and ability to manage budgets and timelines to target on large enterprise-level projects and programmes
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute project work plans, including effective management of budget and timelines, profitability and high-quality delivery of technology solutions.
- Strong organizational skills, including attention to detail, time management, and a demonstrable ability to define and refine requirements through a project lifecycle.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills — do problems slow you down or drive you to seek solutions?
- Strong aptitude for using technology and data
- Demonstrated interest and experience in social sector work
- Demonstrated leadership experience — you should be able to lead through setting a high standard of excellence and best practice as a high standard Project Manager.
- The ability to identify gaps and opportunities for improvement in our processes and find ways to solve for them is critical to this role.
- The ability to influence and advise senior internal stakeholders in how best to drive business and process improvement.
- Demonstrated client relationship management experience — ability to manage senior client stakeholders to effective outcomes is a key requirement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relational skills
- Understanding of SLDC methodologies (Agile, Waterfall)
- 10+ years of professional experience
- Management experience
- Experience implementing technology projects in the social sector
- Experience working with the Salesforce platform
- Fluency/proficiency in Spanish, French, or Portuguese is a plus
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time position with access to all company benefits. We take care of our employees and their families, by offering competitive benefits, such as:
Vera covers 100% of medical, dental, and visual plan premiums.
To help employees with outstanding student loans, Vera offers a Student Loan Benefit.
38 days of paid leave each year, including local and company-wide holidays and a December break.
In addition to robust paid parental leave, Vera assists with the costs of child care.
An annual stipend to spend on travel and physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
All staff participate in Vera’s phantom equity plan.
Vera offers a retirement plan and contribution matching to all of its staff.
We do not cap sick leave. If you’re sick, we hope you get better!
How to Apply
To apply, fill out the online application (attaching CV). Please contact [email protected] with any additional questions.